Monday, November 17, 2014

Thanksgiving Thank You Box Card


Hello everyone!  It is Monday and time for the weekly Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge.  This week's Cricut Challenge was selected by our Design Team sister, the talented Diana of D.L. Art.  Diana's theme for the week is Anything Goes (yes, I do think of the musical number every time I type that)!  That means as long as you use your Cricut to cut at least one element, you can make whatever you want this week!

With Thanksgiving just around the corner I decided to accomplish two birds with one stone on my BBTB2 project:  I made my first ever box card AND I made a Thank You card for the sweet family that is hosting us for Thanksgiving dinner!!



I used my Cricut Explore and a file from the SVG.com store, Autumn Box Cards - Thanksgiving Box Card.  There were a lot of cut pieces, but with the pdf instructions included with the cut file, I had no problem assembling my Thanksgiving Box.  In fact, it was so fun that I cannot wait to make another box card (#lovingboxcards)!


For the most part I used card stock scraps to create the card.  I did use one full sheet of brown textured card stock for the basic box pieces.  But otherwise, I pulled scraps from my stash!  I love projects that allow me to use previously cut card stock and use up some of my scraps.

I added ink to the edges of the white elements and pumpkin cuts.  I also added bright glitter to the turkey to dress him up a bit!

I used a Close To My Heart stamp, Just To Say.... from the Artfully Sent collection.  I love this sheet of sentiment only stamps!

Being me, I have flattened my card several times already, just to prove to myself that the card will indeed fit into the envelop!  It does!

I hope that you find some time this week to play with your Cricut cutting machine.  Please share your project with us at BBTB2 - we love it when you play along and share your project ideas!



Thanks for stopping by today. Please do take a few minutes and go by Bitten By The Bug 2 and check out the great projects the Design Team made this week!   I will be back later in the week with other new projects!



7 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh Susan, I am loving your card box! Love all the lovely die cuts you have used for the inside of it. It is very "Thanksgiving" looking as well as fall looking. Love it! Hugs, Brenda

Beckie Williams said...

Very pretty!!

moknowsall said...

Beautiful box card for thanksgiving. I like that you used up your scraps, makes it even better. I just made my first one and taught the crafty girls how to make one. I too am in love with box cards. Can't wait for my explore

Maureen

Caroline said...

Aren't the box cards fun! Your card is so fabulous! I love the design of your card and also the filigree border with all those amazing cuts. You could use this card for decorating every year. Love it!

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh!!! I so love your box card Susan!!! WOW!!!! It is totally awesome!!! I love the sparkle you added to the turkey. Love the papers you used, too!! :)

Pam MacKay said...

Wow what a fabulous Thanksgiving box! I just love all the detail and wonderful colors! OUTSTANDING PROJECT!!

Scrapping Girl said...

Seriously, that looks awesome! So it does actually fold up flat? I wouldn't have believed it (so I'm glad you tried it several times, lol)! The colors of the scraps perfectly capture the autumn feel too! And it does feel so very good to use the scraps…I always feel very virtuous and thrifty and can pretend for a moment that I don't have a paper addiction….
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, Susan!
:)
Michelle