Monday, November 10, 2014

Blessed Beyond Measure Pumpkin Card


Hello everyone!  Welcomed to this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge.  Our sweet Design Team sister, Caroline, has challenged the DT to create pumpkin projects in her Fall Pumpkin Challenge! Even though I was away this last weekend, Friday - Sunday, I accepted Caroline's challenge.  Of course it was easy to accept in that I was on a three day scrapbook weekend with girlfriends!

Myself and six of MFSG (My Friends [the] Scrappy Girls) were in Spartanburg, SC at Scrapbook Creations for a wonderful weekend of girl time, creativity, classes, and fun.  There were representatives in from Bo Bunny (in Utah) to teach two OUTSTANDING classes, in addition to all of the normal wonderment of Scrapbook Creations.  Peggy, Bonnie, and I took the Bo Bunny Thankful 6 x 8.5 inch album class, and Bonnie and Peggy went on to take the layouts class.  I confess to regretting missing the layout class.  The teachers were outstanding in that they taught the class projects and techniques with knowledge, patience, and humor while creating a fun and creative class environment.  I have taken A LOT of scrapbook classes through the years and I can confidently say that this was one of the best classes I have even taken!

Knowing that I ALWAYS come home from Scrapbook Creations exhausted (due to lack of sleep!), I created my Bitten By The Bug 2 project after my Bo Bunny Thanksgiving album class.  My timing was outstanding because I had plenty of leftover Bo Bunny Autumn papers to use on my card.


I used my Cricut Explore and Cricut Design Space to design and cut my card elements.  I began with two pumpkin cuts selected from two different cartridges, Art Philosophy and Autumn Celebrations.  I cut the two pumpkins twice each in different sizes using fun fall print card stock.

I assembled the pumpkins and made several edits to their appearances.  I removed some of the vine from the stems of two pumpkins and I removed the top layer from the pumpkin in the forefront of the card.   I used Close To My Heart's BEYOND MEASURE pumpkin stamp on the front pumpkin.  While the pumpkin cut did not fit the stamp exactly, I do like the effect.



I assembled the card with two matting layers of card stock topped with the four pumpkins.  I used layers of thin foam squares and thick foam dots to build up the pumpkin dimensions. The highest pumpkin has double layer foam dots supporting the bottom section off of the card background.

I finished the card with white doodles and dashes, as well as a touch of ribbon.  I used a micro tipped brown marker to trace around the words on the stamped pumpkin.


As I said above, Scrapbook Creations was a lot of fun and I actually have a few projects to share with you, as well as a few photos from Bethany's fall themed baby shower.  Hopefully I will have a full week of blogging!

Remember that the Bitten By The Bug 2 Design Team so enjoys it when YOU join our weekly challenges.  Please take some time this week to create a Cricut cut FALL PUMPKIN project and share it with us at BBTB2.  The challenge rules are posted on the sidebar at the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog!

Thanks for stopping by today!


8 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow Susan, your daughter is sure keeping you busy, lol. A fun busy tho. I love your pumpkin card and all those pretty pumpkins and all those layers!! I can just imagine what fun it was to spend the weekend crafting!!

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Susan! I love that stamp you stamped your pumpkin with and I love the dimension this card has. A very elegant card indeed! Sounds like you had a great time away with the girls, good for you!!! Hugs, Brenda

Sharon said...

Awesome card Susan!!! I so love it! Sounds like an awesome weekend with your friends!!!! :)

Mollie said...

Beautiful card, Susan! LOVE those pumpkins! Great color scheme too!

Have a wonderful week!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Beckie Williams said...

This is just so pretty. I love all your fall colors. Inspirational!

Pam MacKay said...

Gorgeous job with all the fabulous layering! Love it!

moknowsall said...

I love hearing about your retreat, sounds like fun. I was away this weekend as well, and will have to post some pics. glad you found time to make your card, it turned out great, the papers are so nice. I always have big ambitions for a crop and seem to get only a small fraction completed. It's Thursday and I am still tired from my 4 day retreat.

maureen

Scrapping Girl said...

The scrapbooking retreat sounds so fun!!! Hope you had a great time! Love how this card turned out-the papers are fabulous! I am such a paper junkie….now I want some of this, lol!
:)
Michelle