Friday, November 14, 2014

Baby Bear Squares Flip Cards


Hello friends.  I am back today to share two of the cards I worked on last weekend, Baby Bear Squares Flip Cards.  I made two of the cards, one for a girl and one for a boy. 


I used the sizzix card die set pictured above, Sizzix Square Flip its Card Triple Framelits Dies, which can be purchased for $17.81 at Amazon by clicking on the name of the die set.  I love the versatility of this die set and I find that I am often on the lookout for 1 - 1.25 inch square stamps to use with the dies.  I picked up this set of baby bear image stamps late in the summer after I found out that we were expecting our Granddaughter.  I also found some tiny thank you stamps to use with this die set.


I used another set of sizzix dies to cut the little flowers.  I have two flower set tiny dies that make great embellishments.  I thought the little flowers went well with the baby girl card.


My baby boy card is not finished yet.  I am awaiting the naming of my friend's future grandson so that I can add his name vertically down the left side of the card front.  Right now we just call him New Baby.  That is probably NOT the best long term name choice!



As you can see, I used the same papers, only the blue version, and the same stamps, only colored with blue markers.  I really like both versions of this card.  But when you start with a great die and stamp set, is it easy to create nice cards.


Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my Baby Bear Squares Flip Cards.  I still have several layouts to share with you from my weekend away!!  So be sure to check back soon.  



2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love the look of these cards but just can't get my head around how they work. What holds the little "flip" pieces in place? Your cards are fabulous in both colorways. A friend just gave me a Cricut and I can hardly wait to get started with it. I do wish Cricut still published their wonderful Cards magazine, however. Thanks for sharing.

Beckie Williams said...

I love these!! You did a fabulous job. I was just looking at these dies only yesterday!!