Monday, October 27, 2014

Townhouse Christmas Gift Bag



Hello everyone, welcome to this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 Cricut challenge.  This week our fabulous DT sister, Jayne, selected the Cricut Challenge theme - A Gift Box/Bag.  The idea is to use the Cricut to cut a gift bag or box and then decorate your creation. With Christmas now less than TWO MONTHS away, I decided to add to my selection of gift boxes.


Using my Cricut Explore, three cartridges, AND an SVG file from SVG.com, I created this townhouse bag.  The basic townhouse cuts came from SVG.com's Silent Night set.  The set includes everything except the poinsettias, urns, Christmas lights, and door knob, which were cut with three Cricut cartridges.

I am not sure if it was just me needing to add to my Cricut Explore education, but I noticed that when I added and opened the SVG files in the Cricut Design Space software that it was necessary for me to re-size the cuts.  It may be that I need to learn more about importing SVGs into Design Space, but sizing the individual elements was not too difficult.

I used the new Close To My Heart Yuletide Carol Christmas Paper set to craft my bag, as well as a couple of scraps from my stash.


After I completed the townhouse cuts and assembly I returned to my Cricut Explore to cut embellishments.  I measured the top edge of the bag and cut three strands of lights from Create a Critter for around the roof line.  I also cut poinsettia from Winter Woodlands as topiary for the front porch.  Finally I cut two Urns using the Over the Hill cartridge.

I finished the bag by adding CTMH washi tape to the side front edges, a ribbon bow to the wreath, and wide ribbon handles to the top of the box.


Thank you for stopping by today and checking out my project for Bitten by the Bug 2.  I will be back later this week when I will be sharing the details of Bethany's first baby shower.  In the meantime, please DO go by Bitten By The Bug 2 and check out the fabulous Gift Box projects created by the design team!




CLOSE TO MY HEART IN OCTOBER:

This is the last week for you to take advantage of the great deals and Stamp of the Month for October:




I love this Stamp of the Month, HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!  It is is perfect for creating all of your package embellishments and tags!  Best of all, this fabulous stamp set coordinates with your Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge!!!


During the month of October, with each qualifying purchase of $50 you are eligible to receive one of two chevron ribbons FREE! Each chevron ribbon—Ruby or Outdoor Denim—has an original retail value of $6.95. UPDATE: Due to spectacular sales, the chevron ribbon has sold out.  But fear not, each qualifying order still includes a CTMH spool of ribbon. So which ribbon will you get? It’s a surprise! Be sure to take advantage of this fantastic offer so you can enjoy embellishing your creations with your own surprise roll of bonus ribbon! 


5 comments:

Caroline said...

What an awesome gift bag!! I wouldn't need a gift, if I got this bag. The beautiful bag is gift enough. I love all the little touches.

Beckie Williams said...

This is simply beautiful

Sharon said...

Awesome gift bag Susan!!! It is beautiful! :)

Brenda said...

Wow Susan this gift bag is amazing!! I love the townhouse look, so cool that you put all that detail on it too. You always amazed me with your creativity!! And I'm so jealous that you got a Cricut Explore. lol Well happy for you too! Hugs, Brenda

moknowsall said...

Such intricate cuts. Wow.. Can't wait for Xmas

M