Monday, October 6, 2014

Fall Leaf Pumpkin Centerpiece


Hello friends!  It is FINALLY autumn here in SC and I have to say, I am quite enjoying the cooler temperatures!  And just in time for fall, my talented and kind Bitten by the Bug 2 Design Team sister, Pam, has selected a fabulous fall Cricut challenge - Fall Leaves!  Pam challenged the DT and YOU to create projects this week using any Cricut Leaf Cut!  I made this fun centerpiece as a partner to a previous version from a previous year.


I purchased a foam pumpkin at my local hobby store to use as a base for this project.  Using a craft knife, I cut the top out of the pumpkin, as if I were going to carve the pumpkin.  I cut off about 2/5th of the pumpkin top and glued the remaining 3/5th sideways on the base.

I used only one Cricut Cartridge to create this pumpkin centerpiece, Art Philosophy.  I cut six 2 inch leaves, three rolled roses, five daisies, and three loopy flower centers all from the AP cartridge.   I used a Close To My Heart leaf stamp (one actually comes with the Art Philosophy cartridge set) and stamped the six leaves using three different colors of ink.  While the leaves dried, I inked the edges of the daisies.


Using my favorite glue, I assembled the roses, rolled flower centers, and layered the daisies.  I then added the centers to the daisies.  I then glued all of the elements to the pumpkin opening.  I added a few lengths of burlap cord and two strips of coordinating paper to finish the centerpiece.

I was actually quite pleased with the final project.  While it is not exactly like the original pumpkin I crafted (HERE), it is very close and they look wonderful together on my entry table!


I hope that you find some time this week to join us at BBTB2 for the Fall Leaves challenge.  Check the rules on the side bar at the BBTB2 blog and then link up under the BBTB2 post!


9 comments:

Jayne said...

Wowzers Susan! Your centrepiece is stunning! X

moknowsall said...

I love making items like this. Your use of a pumpkin is a great idea and I like the ribbon and burlap cording. Great project and your color choices for fall look amazing. I have only used styrofoam balls as a base, making flower girl balls, and some for gifts.

Katherine Adams said...

Gorgeous Susan!

snappy scrappy said...

So beautiful!!!!

Caroline said...

Ohhh, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love the beautiful flowers and stamped leaves. Beautiful home decor!! This will surely be a great addition to your fall decorations!

Sharon said...

WOWZERS!!!!!! This is awesomeness for sure Susan!!! So very beautiful!!! I love, love, love it!!!! :)

Brenda said...

Wow Susan, this is stunning! I love how you took a foam pumpkin and just added some Cricut cuts and wala! A beautiful home decor project!!! Love it! Hugs, Brenda

Pam MacKay said...

Wow your centerpiece should be in a magazine!! It is super amazing!!!

Mollie said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Susan! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Have a wonderful week!

Emily
Mollie's Motif