Monday, October 20, 2014

Bewitching Hat Challenge


Hello blog friends!  I am back with this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 Cricut Challenge. This week the challenge cut was my choice and with Halloween just around the corner, I chose a Cricut Cut Witch Hat.  I confess that I had an idea of what I wanted to do when I selected this week's challenge.  I used two Cricut Cartridges to create my fun centerpiece Witch Hat decor:  Artiste and Art Philosophy.  


The witch hat was cut using the both the Artiste and Art Philosophy Cartridges.  The hat cone shape is one of the 3-D elements available on Artiste. I made the cone by using the star cutout cone shape.  I used edit cut and removed the star cut outs.  

The awesome spiderweb trim was also cut using Artiste.  The trim was made using the Halloween cupcake wrapper in two sizes.  


The hat brim, the flowers, and the leaves were created using the Art Philosophy cartridge.  I used two colors of card stock for the flowers and double sided card stock to cut the leaves.  

The double layer tag was cut using Artiste and stamped with the Close To My Heart Magic Potions stamp set.


I hope that you choose to get out your Cricut (and Creative Spell Book) and join us in this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 Cricut Cut Witch's Hat challenge.  Use any of the many Cricut Cartridges that contain witch hat cuts and cast a spell of fun!  Just be sure to tell us which cartridge you used and check the other challenge rules on the side bar at BBTB2.


CLOSE TO MY HEART IN OCTOBER:






I love this Stamp of the Month, HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!  It is is perfect for creating all of your package embellishments and tags!  Best of all, this fabulous stamp set coordinates with your Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge!!!


During the month of October, with each qualifying purchase of $50 you are eligible to receive one of two chevron ribbons FREE! Each chevron ribbon—Ruby or Outdoor Denim—has an original retail value of $6.95. UPDATE: Due to spectacular sales, the chevron ribbon has sold out.  But fear not, each qualifying order still includes a CTMH spool of ribbon. So which ribbon will you get? It’s a surprise! Be sure to take advantage of this fantastic offer so you can enjoy embellishing your creations with your own surprise roll of bonus ribbon! 

7 comments:

Vickie said...

WOW This is awesome. tfs.

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness!!!! This is most awesome Susan!!!! :)

Brenda said...

Your witches hat is so cool Susan!!! I love it and love the papers you used on it. The flowers are fabulous and I love the tag. I so wanted to make one of these myself and thought this year was the year to do so, but sadly it wasn't. I guess I still have time if I can find the time. lol Thanks for a great challenge my friend. Hugs, Brenda

Beckie Williams said...

WOW ..... that is all I can say ..... WOW that is just amazing!

Suzy B said...

I love the witch's hat! I want to totally copy it for myself! I love pretty halloween things and you got it spot on with this project!

Katrina Brown said...

This hat is really beautiful! The witch who owns this must be the prettiest witch around!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This is a gorgeous project !!! Stunning !!!
Hugs,
Mayra