Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Wedding Layout with Heartfelt Creations


Hello friends.  Yesterday I mentioned that I am auditioning for a Design Team.  I am not quite sure that I am talented enough to be part of the fabulous Heartfelt Creations Design Team, but I thought it could not hurt to try out.  I had to create three projects using HFC products and turn them in by last Friday.  You have already seen my first project, the sweet Baby Girl card I shared over the weekend.  Today I will share my second audition project - this peach and teal layout featuring Bethany and John at their wedding.



I enlarged the photo to 5 x 7 inches for this layout.  I used the following HFC products:  HCD 727 Vintage Floret Die, HCPC 3500 Open Vintage Floret PreCut Set, HCD 738 Ornamental Add On Die, Once Upon a Time Paper Collection, HCPC 3571 Key and Roses PreCut Set, and HCD 741 Burnish Key die.  I also used a number of products from my stash, including:  Art Glitter Glue,
Stylus and Mat set, Peach ink, Chinese Firecracker glitter. Art Glitter 237 Lichen, Glitter – gold, Copic markers: E00, YR61, YG63, YG67, and a Silhouette cut title - LOVE.

I purchased the Once Upon a Time card stock collection at the Creating Keepsakes Convention specifically for scrapping Bethany's wedding.  I liked the vintage look and feel of the collection.  I trimmed the 5 x 7 inch photo just a touch so that all of the pretty "matting" on this pre-made layout page would be visible.



I cut a tag from the tag sheet in the paper collection and glued the tag below the photo opening.  Using the Key and Roses precut set, I stamped on the background page outside the lower right corner of the photo area.  I used Copic markers to color in the stamped image.  Use the Grand Calibur and the Burnish Key die to cut the keys, then glued them over the stamped keys and add gold glitter.  I also added two additional keys to the left side of the tag. 


Using the Vintage Florets die set and the Ornamental add-ons, I cut four sets of flower petals, two large leaf sets, and two small leaf sets. I stamped the flower petals with the Open Vintage Floret PreCut set. I used a spray mister with water and the Stylus and Mat set shape the leaves and flower petals.  After the pieces dried, I applied glitter art glue and assemble the roses. I applied glue to the edges of the petals and sprinkle with Chinese Firecracker glitter.  I also applied glue to the leaves and vines and applied Art Glitter Lichen glitter.


Using the Art Glitter glue, I attached the photo to the page and glued the flowers and leaves to the page.  I cut the work LOVE using my Silhouette Cameo machine and glued the word love inside the tag. 



I like the way the flowers match the settee on which Bethany and John are sitting.  I also like that even with the flowers, leaves, text, and stamping, the photo is still the focal point of the layout.

Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my HFC layout.  I do love HFC products and I will keep you posted on the audition results.

  

9 comments:

Kaye said...

Good luck....your layout is just beautiful!

Jan Marie said...

Oh pretty, pretty, pretty!! Love your fabulous flowers and contrasted against the turquoise, they are just magnificent! Beautiful layout!Thanks for sharing your treasures and talent with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

lost coast scrapper said...

Gorgeous work, love those flowers! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

glendabrooks.blogspot.com said...

Such a beautiful layout! Love your flowers! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Brenda said...

Wow Susan, this is an amazing layout! I love the picture of Bethany and John, those flowers are amazing and match the settee perfectly, love the teal accents and of course the "love" font is just gorgeous. You are right, even with all the beautiful embellishing, the photo of Bethany and John still remains the focal part of the layout. Love it! Hugs, Brenda

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a pretty layout! Those flowers are stunning paired with this romantic photo! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft HOarders Anonymous Challenge #15: All the Pretty Flowers!

Donna Idlet said...

Beautiful layout, love your flowers and the leaves around the picture. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Christy Butters said...

Absolutely love the flowers and flourishes. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

Gloria Stengel said...

The flowers are STUNNING! Best wishes on the HC try out! (I had heart failure because my letter says our projects are to to HC by the 30th! I almost threw up thinking I had missed my deadline!!) Looking forward to us BOTH making the team!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders!