Monday, September 29, 2014

I'm Nuts 4 U!


Hello everyone!  I hope you are having a great Monday!  Today's Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge cut was selected by my sweet Design Team sister, Michelle (Michelle makes the most amazing layouts so I cannot wait to see what she does with her own challenge).  Michelle has challenged the DT to use a Cricut cut Squirrel or Nut on this week's project.  I decided to use both!



I used three cartridges to create my card:  Close To My Heart ARTFULLY SENT, CTMH Artbooking, and Winter Woodland.   I love the sweet animals on the Winter Woodland cartridge.  I thought they would look great with the white pines card (you can make any type of tree - I made mine Michigan white pines) available on the Artfully Sent cartridge.

Using Winter Woodlands I cut two adorable squirrels and an acorn for the front of my card.  I used the same color family, but four different colors of card stock to create my squirrels. The animals, acorn and sentiment were attached to the card using pop dots.



I cut a label shape for the top of the card and stamped it with the adorable alphabet stamp set that comes with the Artfully Sent cartridge set.  I wanted to say "I am NUTS about you", but I did not have enough space.  So I went with a text format and changed the sentiment to "I'm Nuts 4 U".

I finished the card with two natural color flowers, a bit of twine, and pen highlights.


We hope that you choose to join us in this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  Create a NEW project using any Cricut cut Squirrel or Nut and link up with us at the BBTB2 blog.



5 comments:

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This is a very pretty card !!! Adorable little squirrels !!!
Hugs,
Mayra

Brenda said...

Gosh the more I see of Artfully Sent the more I am in love with it! lol I love this cute card Susan. The squirrels are so dang cute and I totally forgot about them being on the Winder Woodland cart. Your flowers are beautiful and of course I love the tree card base. For me they look like birch trees. lol Love, love this card! Hugs, Brenda

Sharon said...

Fantastic card Susan!!! I so love the tree card base. And those squirrels are just darling. The flowers are the perfect finishing touch. :)

moknowsall said...

Great fall card. I am seeing some cute projects from that new cartridge. I'm sure you are having a great time creating with it. If you change the colors, it could be a Valentines card.

Caroline said...

I love how you made the card base with the trees. These squirrels are just adorable and the sentiment is so perfect. Love these little romantic squirrels and the lady squirrel with the long eyelashes!!