Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy Labor Day!


Hello everyone, happy Labor Day!  It is Monday so that means today is my weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 post.  Our challenge this week was selected by our wonderful Brenda.  Brenda challenged us to honor the 9/11 anniversary, or the respondents, our military.  I chose to make a Thank You card for our men and women serving in the military!



I started with a patriotic red, white, and blue color palette, and Cricut's Stand and Salute cartridge.  I cut the word HONOR twice, the flag and the phrase Thank You.  I then went back and cut my three military personnel and additional white starts to embellish the blue block on the card (I could not cut 50 stars small enough to represent all of the states).  I found the patriotic striped paper in my stash and cut a strip to use beside the flag.

I realize that a simple card can never offer enough thanks to those who have served our country.  We owe so much to our military.


I hope that you get time this week to join the Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  Please check the rules on the sidebar at the BBTB2 blog and link your Cricut created project. 

I will be back tomorrow to share a new project I created last for a design team tryout.  Have a safe and happy Labor Day!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow Susan this card is awesome!!! I love that you have the flag on the front along with the soldiers saluting, how fitting! The "honor" couldn't be more perfect because our soldiers certainly do honor the American flag. Love the thank you, I don't think we could ever give enough thanks for all our soldiers do for this country. Hugs, Brenda

Caroline said...

This is such a beautiful card. I love the flag, the soldiers and the design of your card. This card really shows appreciation!

Sharon said...

Awesome card Susan!! Love the flag, the soldiers and both sentiments!!! :)

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful job Susan this came out great So patriotic. I love everything about it.

moknowsall said...

wonderful card Susan. this would be a great card to send to soldiers. i love red white and blue and you portrayed it with honor

maureen

moknowsall said...

congrats on the baby news my daughter is expecting her second around xmas. beautiful entries

Mollie said...

Fabulous card, Susan! The design is great and I LOVE all the cuts you used! Awesome job!

Have a wonderful week!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Jaren said...

Very nice patriotic card Susan!