Monday, September 22, 2014

Artfully Sent Butterfly Birthday Card


Hello crafty friends!  Guess what arrived at my house last week?  My new Close To My Heart Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge!!  I was so happy to receive this cartridge - it is the ultimate cartridge for the card maker in you!  There are 700+ cuts on this cartridge including swing cards, pop-up cards, icon images, inserts, etc.

Because today is Monday, that means it is time for the weekly Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge.  My amazingly talented Design Team sister, Melanie, challenged the DT to use a Cricut cut BUTTERFLY on this week's project.  No prob, Bob!  I had to look no further than the Artfully Sent flip card section!


I cut the basic flip card in chevron card stock at 5.5 inches tall.  I then cut the same card again in ice blue card stock and hand trimmed the butterfly out of the card. I traced the butterfly and created an orange insert, then I used glue to assemble the layers on the fold of my swing card.  

I cut two additional butterflies from the Artfully Sent cartridge and attached them to the front of the card, gluing the body only so that the wings might flutter.  I added two strips of CTMH washi tape, a longer strip across the entire bottom of the card, and a shorter length across just the inside top of the card.


I finished the card with a stamped HAPPY BIRTHDAY sentiment on the right side of the flip card.  I placed the stamp so that the sentiment is visible when the card is completely flat or open.  My sentiment stamp came from the sent of sentiments pictured below, one of three sets of stamps that come with the Artfully Sent Bundle.  You also receive a package of smooth white card stock with the cartridge and stamps.



I know this is a simple card, but I wanted to show you how easy it is to make a quick and cute card using the Artfully Sent cartridge.

Be sure to go by Bitten By The Bug 2 and check out the fabulous BUTTERFLY projects the Design Team created.  Their projects are sure to make your heart flutter!!!



For more information on the Artfully Sent Cartridge Bundle and other 
Close To My Heart products, CLICK HERE!






7 comments:

Melanie Brown said...

Well, this is pretty FANTASTIC! You did a beautiful job on this card. Don't you just love this cartridge!

Caroline said...

I love all the different papers you used. They go so well together. This is such a fun flip card and the butterflies are so fabulous. I enjoy seeing all the cards from this new cartridge!

Sharon said...

I am so loving your card Susan!!!
The butterfly cutout, the papers and colors!! Fabulous!!!! :)

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Lovely and pretty card !!!
Hugs,
Mayra

Pam MacKay said...

What a wonderful design for your card! It is just beautiful!

Mollie said...

Fabulous card, Susan! I am seriously thinking I need this bundle :)

Have a wonderful day!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

moknowsall said...

Seeing some very unique cards using this new cart. Love your butterfly card that just flutters off the page

Maureen