Monday, August 11, 2014

School is Going to Rock!


Hello Friends!  It is Monday and that means it is time for the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 Cricut Challenge.  This week's challenge was selected by our sweet Jaren, who is a super-mom!  Not only did Jaren just have a new baby (Congratulations Jaren!!), she also has other children she is getting ready for the new school year!  With that in mind, Jaren chose the theme "Apple for the Teacher - Back to School" challenge.   What a super-mom and super-crafter to have a new baby and have time to host a challenge!


I used two Cricut cartridges: Teddy Bear Parade and Autumn Celebrations, Cricut Design Space, and my Cricut Explore to create this card.  However, this card could be created with any of the Cricut machines, as long as you own the cartridges.  I used Bo Bunny Learning Cursive card stock, scraps from my card stock stash, and Close To My Heart washi tape.  I also used a Stephanie Barnard Sizzix die for the card base.


I love this fun little girl bear with an apple for her teacher.  Her name is Eve and she is off for her first day of school.  She knows school is going to rock because just look at the fun uniform she is wearing.  Any school with Polka dot pleated skirts has to be a fun time.

We are highly aware of back to school at my house.  Teachers have to report for work tomorrow, Tuesday, and students return next week (I think).  My daughter, son-in-law, son, and future daughter-in-law are all getting ready for Tuesday.  I think the girls, my mom, my friend Beth, and I are all going for back to school pedicures today!  Not that mom and I are going back to school, but we are always willing to go for a pedicure!  My teacher children have all had adventures this summer so hopefully they are ready to settle in to a new school year.


I know I mentioned that I was going to the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Charlotte, NC last weekend.  I had a very nice time and saw a few of my blog readers - which is always fun for me.  I will tell you about CKC later this week and I will share some photos.

I hope that you decide to join the Bitten By The Bug 2 Cricut Challenge this week.  Create any type of project and use a Cricut cut apple on the project, then link up with us at the BBTB2 site.  Be sure to tell us which cartridge(s) you used.  The other challenge rules are on the sidebar at BBTB2.

Thank you for popping by today!!

10 comments:

moknowsall said...

Wonderful card. Looks like she is happy in her uniform to get back to school. An A+ for you.

Maureen

Sharon said...

Awesomeness for sure Susan!!! I totally love your easel card!! The school girl is just perfect. Love the schoolhouse, too. And the bg paper is wonderful!!! :)

Caroline said...

Oh, this card is just amazing!! I love that cute little girl bear with her apple, amazing paper, and love the schoolhouse! Just love this card!!

Mollie said...

Oh my goodness, Susan, this is ADORABLE!!! Your bear is SO CUTE!!! Love the shape card too! Fabulous Back to School project! LOVE it!

Have a wonderful week!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Brenda said...

I agree Jaren is a super mom!! She amazes me and believe it or not, I was like her when I had my 6 boys home. Of course that was before my health issues. Oh to be young again! Jaren is a super cook too and trust me I would love to live at her house and eat those yummy foods she makes. lol Love, love your card Susan! The school house rocks and so does Eve. I am so loving her uniform and would wear that to school any day of the week. I hope your "teachers" have a great school year this year Susan. We are moving our son up to college this Saturday. I'm going to be a mess. lol Hard to let my baby go but I have to and I know I will get used to having the house to myself while hubby is at work. Still would be nice if hubby could retire...but until then I will craft away! Hugs, Brenda

Laura Pizz said...

What a fantastic card! Love it! ~Laura

DIANA L. said...

Wow!!! super cute easel card Susan, I love that you used the scholarly bear. The school looks so inviting and I love the alphabet paper you used. Have a blessed day
DIANA L. BBTB2 DT member
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Beckie Williams said...

I love your Teddy Bear!! You did a great job.

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This is such a super cute little card !!! I love the teacher !!! One of the best cartridges !!!
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Jaren said...

This card is so precious! It's one of those a teacher would keep forever!