Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Life is Beautiful Birthday Card


Hello everyone!  I am back with a quick mid-week post to share this fun, flip birthday card.  Today is our sweet Crissie's birthday, or as you may know her, our future daughter-in-law.  This is the first time we have ever been with Crissie *in person* on her birthday as she and Aaron moved to Aiken to begin new teaching jobs this fall.

I used a Stephanie Barnard Sizzix die set to create this card.  I LOVE my Vagabond machine - it was a true life (and arm) saver when cutting the elements for Bethany's wedding invitations.  Now that have truly embraced my Vagabond, I have collected a couple of these great Sizzix dies for fun flip cards.  Stephanie Barnard will be at CKC this year and I plan to check out her booth for other wonderful dies to use with the Vagabond.


Above is the inside of the card, or if you prefer, the back of the flower squares.  I like that the dies not only cut the pieces, some of them are also embossed (the aqua squares).

I used a new set of Close To My Heart stamps, Your Own Kind of Wonderful, on this card.  The set contains several different beautiful butterflies and several word phrases.  I used the Life is Beautiful phrase and the smallest of the butterflies to embellish Crissie's card.





I will be at Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention in Charlotte, NC this weekend, Thursday afternoon - Saturday evening.  Doug has taken Thursday and Friday off of work to be with mom so that I can have my annual girlfriend get away.  I know how lucky I am to have him and my children for support through this journey with my mom.    If you happen to see me in Charlotte please do say hello!!



No comments: