Thursday, August 28, 2014

Leaping into a New School Year


Hello everyone.  I am so happy to tell you that I have managed to sneak a few more hours in my craft room this week (insert smiley face here).  I need to give the entire room a HUGE and thorough cleaning, but instead, I have been playing with vinyl.  I blame my neighbor, Courtney, for reminding me just how fun vinyl can be!

Courtney is a 4K teacher extraordinaire, with a darling frog theme classroom.  She found this metal lace punch frame at Hobby Lobby for $6.99, and paid $4.20 with her 40% off coupon.   She asked me if I could add her name and a frog to the frame.

I used white vinyl (sorry, I forgot to note the font) and added Courtney's name in 2 inch tall letters.  I then used Create a Critter and added the cute frog.


I used four colors of vinyl to create the frog:  black (as a background), lime green for the frog, blue for the eyes, and hunter green for the lily pad.  I used a white gel pen to highlight the frog's belly area.

I delivered the name plate to Courtney's classroom on Tuesday and she was very excited.  It was funny - as is always the case with fun crafting - her colleagues wanted to know where she found the frame, what colors were available, etc!!   Courtney's classroom is already for her 4K students to arrive on Tuesday!


After Courtney's door name sign, I went on to work on vinyl school projects for Bethany, Crissie, John.  I will share those with you soon as I give them to my teacher peoples (probably on Friday evening). 

Thanks for stopping by today - it is so good to be crafting again!




3 comments:

Creative M said...

Totally cute, cool and fun!!
Would love for you to join us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Brenda said...

This is really cute Susan! I love that frame and I love her cute frog theme for the classroom. Can't wait to see the other's name signs too. Hugs, Brenda

DIANA L. said...

Super froggy cute!!! I love the green!! Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com