Monday, August 4, 2014

I Love To Camp Out - At the Mall for a Sale!


Hello everyone!  It is Monday and guess what?  I actually found time to complete my Bitten By the Bug 2 challenge!  My sweet Design Team member Emily is hosting this week's challenge.  She asked the DT to use the theme of "Happy Campers" or "Camping Critters" to create their projects.  I am not much of a camper so I went with the concept of camping and took my project in a different direction.  My idea of camping is to camp out at the mall for a sale!

With the wedding and mom's move I have been seriously neglecting a new toy in my scraproom.  Today's project was created using my Cricut Explore, which I had to take out of the box for the first time!  I used Cricut's Design Space to cut the card, the button strip, the doily, and the tag.

I have a huge learning curve in order to use the Design Space as masterfully as I have used all other of the Cricut softwares.  But with time and practice that should come.  This project was very easy so I did not have a difficult time.




My shopping lady stamp is a Close To My Heart Hostess Purchase only stamp set, D1608 "Better with a Friend".  Anyone who has a gathering can use part of their hostess credit to purchase this $10 stamp set.

I used card stock, my computer, and printer to create the typewriter font sentiment for the front of my card. I used small scissors to trim the word sections, purposefully not straight.

I finished the card with buttons and seam binding ribbon and khaki colored floss.



I hope that you do join us this week at Bitten By the Bug 2 for Emily's Happy Camper challenge.  You may go with a traditional camping theme, or like me, take the idea of camping in a different direction.  Please be sure to read the submission rules on the side bar at BBTB2.


8 comments:

moknowsall said...

What a fun and cleaver card. Yes lots of people do camp out for a sale, I am not one of them Congrats on getting an explore. I think Santa May bring me one.

Maureen

Scrapping Girl said...

Had to laugh-camping out for a sale describes a lot of my friends!!!! Especially if it's a shoe sale! Can't wait to see and hear about your adventures using the Explore. I'm on the fence about whether to ask for one for Christmas….so I'll be eager to hear your experiences. Glad things settled down a bit after the wedding and getting your Mom moved in!
:)
Michelle

Caroline said...

Lol, this is really amazing and love how you came up with your theme. I love how all these colors and patterns came together. Cute card!! Congrats on your new Cricut Explore! Have fun with it.

Sharon said...

Great card Susan!! Now that's my kind of camping out!!! I'm not much of an outdoors camper. Did it growing up, but don't care for it now. I so love this chic shopper. Her hat is great. Love the doily!!! :)

Brenda said...

Oh you clever, clever girl you! I love this twist on the camping challenge Susan. That lady is fabulous and I love your type writer font sentiment. Now here is where we differ because I hate shopping and would pick camping over shopping any day. lol Hugs, Brenda

Mollie said...

LOVE your take on the challenge, Susan! I have never camped out for any sale :) Shopping isn't my thing - unless it's at Hobby Lobby! Super fun layout and your image is great! I love the typewriter font too for the sentiment - GREAT card!!!

Have a wonderful week!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Laura Pizz said...

Ha Ha - cute sentiment! Sign me up for shopping! ~Laura

DIANA L. said...

I love how this card turned out you r future daughter-in-law is sure to love it. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com