Monday, July 14, 2014

Welcome Baby Boy Card



Hello everyone, it's a Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday, and I am FINALLY back to scrapping!!  This week's challenge was selected by my fun design team sister, Sharon.  Sharon feels like we are experiencing the Dog Days of Summer so she challenged the Design Team to create projects using a Cricut Dog cut.  

I know several people who are having babies so I decided to go with a Welcome Baby Boy card.  I made a little summer romper with a puppy "appliqued" on the front, because almost every baby boy (and girl) loves puppies!

I used three Cricut cartridges to create this card:  Nate's ABC's, Baby Steps, and Art Philosophy.  I used the romper cut from Baby Steps, welding two of the cuts together at the shoulders in mirror image to create the base card.  I then cut the romper two more times - once in the fun strip card stock, and again in the blue swiss dot card stock.  I used scissors to remove the sleeves and neck area from the swiss dot romper.  

I used Nate's ABC's to cut the cute puppy with the ball.  I attached the puppy layers to the romper, embellished it with white and brown markers, and added applique "stitches" around the edges.

I used Art Philosophy to cut the circle and scallop edge circle, then stamped the Congratulations sentiment onto the white circle.  

I finished the card with white stitching around the romper and I added a gold collar to the puppy.

Please remember to go by Bitten By the Bug 2 and check out the fabulous Dog Days projects the Design Team created.  Also, consider crafting your own Dog project this week and linking up at BBTB2.  Remember you must use a Cricut cut Dog on your project. 



Thank you for stopping by today.  I will be back this week with another wedding project to share.  I am still waiting for the professional photos, so there will be more wedding sharing in the next few weeks.



8 comments:

katieo said...

A few of my favorite things-babies and puppies. I love this outfit, you should design for Gymboree.

Brenda said...

Aww, this is a sweet card Susan! I love that little romper and you are right, little ones always seemed to love the puppies and your puppy is just too cute with his ball. I bet you are glad that you can breath easy now that the wedding is over! lol Hugs, Brenda

Caroline said...

Ooooh, this card is so sweet. The romper is so adorable with that doggie. Cute paper and love the doodling!

Sharon said...

This is awesome Susan!! I so love your romper shaped card and that little puppy and ball are just precious!! The perfect baby boy card!!!! :)

Mollie said...

This is adorable, Susan! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Your papers and stitching are fabulous and I LOVE that little dog! SO CUTE!!!

Have a wonderful week!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

moknowsall said...

Adorable card. I need to make some baby cards as well, I may use your design as inspiration. Love the wedding entries. Never heard of a brides breakfast. Very nice. Congrats to the new husband and wife!

Maureen

Pam MacKay said...

Absolutely adorable! Love this sweet little card!

Laura Pizz said...

Love this card -- and adorable cuts and great color choices too! ~Laura