Monday, June 16, 2014

Graduation Photos Card


Hello friends.  Graduation has come and gone in South Carolina, but I find I am just now getting the graduation cards made - which means, YES, our checks are late going in the mail!  Our favorite graduate this year is my (technically Doug's) nephew, Jayme.  Jayme graduated last month in Cleveland, TN.  Luck for me, and ultimately Jayme, my Design team sister Mayra selected this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge - and she chose a GRADUATION THEME.


I used four cartridges to make this card, Paper Doll Teen Scene,  Happy Graduation, Heritage, and Art Philosophy.  My graduates were cut using the girl and boy graduates on the Paper Doll Teen Scene cartridge.  I love the funky shape of the people on this cartridge!  The sofa and camera were cut using the Heritage cartridge.  The Happy Graduation phrase was cut with the Happy Graduation cartridge, and the label layers were cut using Art Philosophy.

I found the background papers in my scrap stash, but I thought both prints were great for this graduation photography scene.


This week I am hosting a "Girlfriend Save Me" night.  I COMPLETELY forgot to assemble the wedding favors so I put out a call for help and have a few people coming to help me on Tuesday.  I will also be getting back with the wedding caterer with final number, calling the florist for flowers for the Bridal Breakfast, and finalizing other details.  We are down to less than three weeks to go on Bethany's wedding.  Other than dropping the ball on the favor assembly (though all elements were ordered, printed, cut, etc), I think I have most of the other juggling balls in the air.   Oh... and Saturday Doug and I are going to North Carolina to pick up my mom.  We are going to worry about moving her furniture after the wedding.

Please remember to go by Bitten By The Bug 2 and to visit my DT sisters' blogs.  There is so much creative goodness in this Design Team and they have so much to teach and share!!!  Also, remember we do so enjoy it when you  join us in the weekly BBTB2 challenge!!


9 comments:

Brenda said...

I love this grad card Susan!! It is perfect for that grad. The grad teens dies are way to cute and I love the whole scene you have created. You are one busy lady my friend and I don't know how you juggle it all. The count down is on! Looking forward to seeing all the wedding stuff as well as a few wedding pics. Hugs, Brenda

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Wonderful graduation card !!! I really love the design !!! Hope you have a wonderful day !!
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Beckie Williams said...

Just awesome! I love the teen scene cartridge. I need to play with that one more!

moknowsall said...

love the grads with the Heritage cuts, very very cleaver. sounds like you have your hands more than full.

Maureen

Caroline said...

Sounds like it is getting crazy, busy around your house. I love the posing grads. This background paper is so pretty. I love this graduation card.

Sharon said...

Oh my! What a wonderful card!!! Love the grads and the other cuts. And the bg papers are just great!! :)

DIANA L. said...

What a super grad card Susan- I love that you used so many cartridges and the background is great and the people are super.+ Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Pam MacKay said...

Wow your attention to detail is awesome this card is just wonderful!!!

Laura Pizz said...

Now I need Teen Scene!!! Awesome work!