Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Patriotic Rerun and Catching Up


Hello everyone!  I know I have been missing for a week or so, but much has been going on and I have not even set foot inside my scraproom!!  Gasp!

In addition to moving furniture around the house (will it ever end?), I have attended a wedding shower for MFK's daughter, Diana, and I have shared an unpleasant virus with my daughter.  Actually, given that she is the teacher, I think she shared it with me.  It is completely yucky, and just when you think it is gone, your tummy hurts again!!!


Aside from all of that, wedding invitations are going out and we have six weeks until the wedding.... I am getting so excited!!


But because I have not been inside my scraproom for days and days, I am sharing a greatest hit with you.... Menu Cards for your Patriotic table!  I originally made these cards for a July 4th cookout, but you could use them for Memorial Day too!!






Hey there!  I am back with the last of my three part patriotic tablescape posts.  Today's past is all about the menu.  Often at formal dinners you will find a menu at each place setting.  Sometime ago I decided that I was so fond of the individual menu that I have began using them for more casual dinners also.  And how fun to include your all-American menu on your all-American tablescape?





I used only one cartridge to make the menu cards, Stand and Salute.  I cute the red frame using Cricut Craft Room and the Stand and Salute cartridge.  I then used my paper trimmer to finish the menu cards.  

I added a strip of navy cartstock behind the red stars and then I added a gold glitter cardstock rectangle behind the red frame.  Using Microsoft Word, I created sized text boxes in which I listed the menu items and also added some clip art red stars.  After printing the Word file on to white cardstock, I trimmed the white menu cards apart and glued them over the gold shimmer cardstock.  Very easy!




In the photo above I placed the menu in the middle of the stars and stripes plates, with the napkin off to the right of the place setting.  In the photo below I switched the menu card and napkin around with the menu being off to the side.  I decided that although the photo above looks nice, ultimately I chose to place the menu on the side and put the napkins in the plates. 


Now I must go "un-set" my table and put everything away for a week!  At least I know what I am serving and how I plan to set my table for our July 4th cook out!!!






No comments: