Monday, May 5, 2014

Mother's Day Swing Card



Hello everyone, welcome to this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge post.  Our lovely Design Team member, Emily, selected this week's obvious challenge - A Mother's Day Project.   Well done Emily!  This gave me the opportunity to finish my mom's card a week early!!  

I will actually be spending part of Mother's Day with my mom.  We are planning to attend a Mother-Daughter banquet at her church next Saturday night.  I joined her last year and it was very nice so I anticipate a equally pleasant experience this year!



For the Mother's Day challenge I used two Close to my Heart cartridges - Artiste and Art Philosophy - and created this flip style card.  I used Cricut Craft Room to design and size my card elements.  With the multi pink hues, the flowers and the delicate greenery, I think this card is very feminine and pretty.  



I used a stylus and foam pad to shape and add dimension to the flower after I attached the centers together.  After shaping, I glued button centers onto the flowers and glued the flowers onto the card.



I used Close To My Heart ink and stamps to add additional flowers and the word MOM to the front of the card.

Thank you for stopping by today and checking out my BBTB2 project for the week.  Please do go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out the Mother's Day projects that Emily and the rest of the Design Team members created for this week.  After viewing the Design Team projects, create your Mother's Day project and link up with us at the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog!


CELEBRATE NATIONAL SCRAPBOOKING MONTH



May 2014 Constant Campaign
During National Scrapbooking Month in May, you can get the Free to Be Me paper collection for just $5 with your qualifying purchase of $50. The paper collection features exclusive printed cardstocks, vellums, and B&T Duos™ and, with a retail value of $11.95, is a fantastic deal for products you can’t get anywhere else. 

          May - Stamp of the Month - You've Got a Friend



With your $50 qualifying purchase, you will also qualify for the May Stamp of the Month for an additional $5 (retail value $17.95)! This means May is the perfect month to double up on promotions, getting the paper collection for $5 and the May Stamp of the Month for $5—that is a savings of nearly $20! So make sure to get your Free to Be Me paper collection in May for just $5 and let your creativity take flight!
Dates: Offer valid May 1, 2014 (9:00 MDT) – May 31, 2014 (11:59 pm MDT).


8 comments:

Laura Pizz said...

Love your flip card -- beautiful! ~Laura

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Beautiful , and lovely Mother's Day card !!
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

When I first saw your card, I didn't realize it was a flip card. This makes it even more fun! The flowers are beautiful and I love the color and the paper. Beautful card, your Mom will love this card!

Mollie said...

Beautiful card, Susan! Your flowers are just lovely and I LOVE the swing card!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Brenda said...

Beautiful swing card Susan!! I love swing cards and this one turned out gorgeous! Your flowers look amazing, love the papers and the elegant look of this card. I am glad that you and your mother are spending time together at the mother/daughter banquet! Hugs

Sharon said...

WOW!!!! This is so beautiful Susan!!! Love the papers you used, too. :)

Pam MacKay said...

What a fantastic Mother's Day card! It is just beautiful!

Cindy Vernon said...

Gorgeous. Be sure to enter your card in this week's Fantabulous Cricut challenge!!!