Monday, May 26, 2014

Hitting the Road Card


Hello everyone.  Happy Memorial Day!!  Today is my day to host the challenge at the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog and because so many of you are on the road for this long weekend, I thought it would be fun to challenge the design team to use a Cricut cut CAR on their projects this week.  Fortunately for all of you, the Design Team did a great job with the car challenge!!



I used two cartridges to make my Car card - Art Deco and Suburbia.  The car and building were cut with Art Deco, and the dashing men were cut with Suburbia.

My card has a bit of story playing out.  Having finished a long week working away in town, this father and son duo are off to the Hamptons for the weekend.  With any luck they will end up at Gatsby's house and swill some champagne.

Note the son is driving.  I like how dad is relaxing and giving the son some fatherly advice as he enjoys the evening drive out of town.


After I posted my photos I realized that I could have done more with the road and diminishing buildings, but quite honestly, I was exhausted as I was finishing the card.  Note to self:  finish the BBTB2 project BEFORE you get pulled into the painting project!  

Doug and I spent the majority of the day painting our dining room.  We will be finishing tomorrow as we had two issues:  1. We ran out of paint with one wall to go, and 2. We have to borrow a neighbor's extension ladder because our tallest ladder is 7 feet tall and we cannot reach the top of the cathedral ceiling points.  Tomorrow in addition to painting the one side wall, we will be painting the top 12 inches of the cathedral walls.  I will post photos later in the week of the finished room.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Please do go by the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog and check out the fantastic car projects created by the BBTB2 Design Team.  And as always, we do hope that you will join us this week in the Cricut challenge.


9 comments:

Brenda said...

What a fabulous challenge Susan and I'm sorry I missed it :-( I love, love your card!! I think that it is so masculine and cute all at the same time. lol The cute part is the father giving the son fatherly advice! Love that!! Can't wait to see your dinning room!! Don't work to hard today. Hugs, Brenda

moknowsall said...

Beautiful card and I like the story. I would add that I am tucked away in the back seat taking a nap, awaiting all the fun at the beach!

Great creativity.


Maureen

Caroline said...

Susan, I think your card is just perfect just the way it is. I love this vintage car and the two taking a ride together! Beautiful card as always. Good luck with the painting. I can imagine how busy that you are!

Scrapping Girl said...

Love the story with the card-they look so debonair in the vintage car-love the idea that they will stop by Gatsby's! Good luck with the painting project. You are very brave to get up on a 7 foot ladder-I am NOT good with heights and would never be able to bring myself to do it, or if I did, I'd never be able to get down, lol! Have a great week!
:)
Michelle

Sharon said...

What a wonderful card Susan!! Love the story. Looking forward to seeing your room when ya'll get done. :)

Pam MacKay said...

Susan what an awesome card! Love the story behind the card just fantastic! Love all the detail and wonderful colors!

Mollie said...

Super fun card, Susan! Great challenge too! I don't have either of those carts, but they look amazing! Your scene is fabulous - LOVE it!!!

Have a wonderful week!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Beckie Williams said...

What a nice card. I can't wait to try my hand at the car challenge!

DIANA L. said...

I love how this came out it is perfect the way it is. Great job with all the layering. I like the gold headlights. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com