Thursday, April 24, 2014

Vintage Armoire a la Graphic 45


Hey-o friends!  What a busy and productive week I have had.  Bethany has two bridal showers this weekend and I have been helping out a bit with one of them.  I cannot wait until next week to be able to share the cards, gift bag decorations, etc that I crafted for her showers.  The hostesses both showers have had super-cute ideas so I know these showers will be so fun!  However, in the midst of the shower crafting, I took a couple of hours to craft something for me, just for fun!

Many of you know that I adore Graphic 45's lines of 12 x 12 card stock.  They have such fabulous vintage papers and I do love to find the perfect craft to create with the papers.  I thought this armoire card cut in the Silhouette America store begged to be crafted in Graphic 45 card stock.  


 I used two sheets of Graphic 45 and some coordinating solids to create this fun card.  The card is has two openings - the front doors of the armoire open to reveal a Coco Chanel quote and the front cover of the card opens to reveal the inside of the card, ready for a personalized message.



I used papers from my stash to create five roses to embellish the doors of the armoires.  I also found a little bag of watch parts in my desk that had been waiting for the opportunity to be useful.  They were perfect for embellishing this vintage armoire and the ladies hats on the doors.

I cut the doors three times, twice in the black print and once in the vintage women print.  I add foam dimensional dots between the two black layers of the doors, and foam tape behind the door centers.  I then cut 1/8th inch strips of the black paper and trimmed around the doors in an attempt to hid the foam dots.

I have to say that I really like how this vintage armoire card came out.  It was a lot of detailed work, but a lot of fun to plan as I went in crafting this!!




I will be back on Monday with a new Bitten by the Bug 2 project and next week I will be able to share the shower projects with you!!!  Thanks for stopping by.



4 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous Susan, just gorgeous! I can't wait to see the shower crafty goodies too!! Hugs

Vickie said...

Gorgeous I love it!! I love graphic 45 paper my self. I don't have anywhere close to buy the paper except on line.

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOH, Love, love, LOVE this Susan! I adore Graphic 45. xxD

moknowsall said...

G45 papers always turn into great projects

Maureen