Monday, April 21, 2014

Song Bird Card


Hello everyone.  I hope that spring weather has moved into your area and that you are finally enjoying some sunshine.  I received my first minor sunburn of the season yesterday at my friend's Greek Easter Picnic.  It was lovely and 70 degrees and I managed to come home a tiny bit pink - as well as stuffed on wonderful food and relaxed and happy from great fellowship time.  

It is Monday so that means it is time for the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  Our darling design team sister, Caroline, is hosting this week's challenge.  In celebration of all of the spring birds returning home and singing beautifully, Caroline challenged the team to use a Cricut die cut bird in her "Birds of a Feather" challenge.   I chose to use this sweet bird from the Art Philosophy cartridge.  


I cut five of my card elements from Art Philosophy:  the base card, the label background, the label with the leaf cutout, the leaf cut, and the bird.  I used the Quarter Note cartridge to cut the music notes.  I embossed the top label layer using an Anna Griffin embossing folder.  I used two other Anna Griffin products, both dies, to the the cream flowers and the putty color flourish.  I cut the flourish in half and used it as corner embellishments behind the labels.


I finished the card with the music notes, a googly eye on the bird, and champagne color seam binding ribbon.  I love the seam binding ribbon and would love to have it every color.

Be sure to go by and check out the design team birds of a feather projects at Bitten by the Bug 2.  We would love for you to create your own Cricut cut bird project and link up with us at BBTB2.    

Thank you for stopping by today.  I have a week of serious card making ahead of me and I hope to have a few cards to show you this week!



CLOSE TO MY HEART NEWS

Discover the Art of Business
Begin your business with fantastic savings!

Join Close To My Heart as an Independent Consultant April 1–30, 2014, and receive your favorite "art-full" Close To My Heart Cricut® collection FREE! Our New Consultant Kit is just $99 and comes packed with nearly triple the retail value in products and supplies to help you succeed. Plus, when you qualify for the Straight To The Top program, you will be refunded the price of your New Consultant Kit. Select your FREE Cricut® collection—retail priced at $99—when you order your New Consultant Kit and watch your new business soar!
Dates: Offer valid April 1–30, 2014.


10 comments:

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This is so pretty !!!! Lovely design !! Hope you have a wonderful day !!

Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Pam MacKay said...

Susan your laying on this card is amazing! It is so lovely!

Caroline said...

Oh, my favorite cartridge! Your card is amazing! I love the flourishes behind the label. I love the pretty colors and the birdie! Love love it.

Sharon said...

Your card is beautiful Susan!! I love the bird and all of those fabulous layers!!! Great ribbon, too. :)

Brenda said...

Wow Susan this card is amazing! I can't get over all the cuts you have on this card. The bird and embossing are perfect. Love the other die cuts too and how well you made them all work together. I would have had a hot mess trying to do this. lol I'm glad that you didn't get to sun burned!! Get that sun block out lady! lol Hugs

DIANA L. said...

Stunning card Susan I love everything about it the colors are fantastic. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Mollie said...

So pretty, Susan! LOVE the mats/frames and the layering on your card! The bird is fabulous, great papers too!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

moknowsall said...

Such details and so creative. Love your birdie card

Maureen

SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com said...

This card is beautiful!! Love the design!

Laura Pizz said...

There is so much that I love about your card! The detail, the layers, the colors, the embossing...~Laura