Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Shabby Chic Thank You Card


Hello friends.  I cannot believe I am finally posting two days in a row!  We have MFK, my friend Kathy, to thank for this impromptu Tuesday post.  Kathy hosted a two day crop at her home for her scrapbook girlfriends last Friday and Saturday.  I was lucky enough to be included in this group of girlfriends and had a wonderful time visiting, laughing, (eating), and catching up, along with paper crafting.  I spent most of the weekend cutting the many repetitive layers of die cuts for Bethany's wedding invitations.  However, I did join the other girlfriends when Kathy and Susan M each hosted technique sharing card classes.



Kathy shared this shabby chic technique she picked up from Stamp TV.  Ignoring my upside down stamp, I really love this technique!  I used a Heartfelt Creations Tattered Blossom stamp to create this image.  Using embossing ink, the image was stamped onto kraft card stock, then embossed with white embossing powder.  Using a watercolor brush and ink, I colored the entire image with a thin white wash.  

After cleaning the brush, I continued on, painting in thin color washes on the flower petals, the leaves, and the flower centers.  This was such a easy but visually spectacular technique!  

I assembled the card yesterday, but made two errors.  One, I accidentally stamped my sentiment on the wrong edge of the card, making my flower image upside-down.  Oops.  I also found that I did not have any pure white embossing powder, only PK Glitz white with gold flecks.  It was a bit thicker and heavier than the embossing powder Kathy shared with us.

I finished my card with layers of Close To My Heart card stock.  I added pink and white twist twine as a finishing embellishment.


I stated above that I spent most of my time Friday and Saturday cutting the 400 individual die cuts for Bethany's wedding invitations.  The invitations are going to be folio style so I am not ready to share the finished product yet.  However, I will share the four pieces that we cut this weekend:  the invitation words, a matting/frame for the words, a monogram J & B circle for the front of the folio and a decorative circle mat for the monogram. (Sorry for the poor lighting in the invitation photos).


The words section, printed on white low luster metallic card stock, will each be glued to the champagne colored frame before being glued inside the folio centers.


The monogrammed circle and frame will cover the seam on the front opening of the folio.  There will be blush pink ribbon and bow around the folio.  After the invitations  have gone in the mail, I will be able to share them with you.



Because today is April first, I also have the CTMH April Stamp of the Month and the new special.  If you ever thought about becoming a CTMH consultant, now is the time!!


CLOSE TO MY HEART NEWS

Discover the Art of Business
Begin your business with fantastic savings!

Join Close To My Heart as an Independent Consultant April 1–30, 2014, and receive your favorite "art-full" Close To My Heart Cricut® collection FREE! Our New Consultant Kit is just $99 and comes packed with nearly triple the retail value in products and supplies to help you succeed. Plus, when you qualify for the Straight To The Top program, you will be refunded the price of your New Consultant Kit. Select your FREE Cricut® collection—retail priced at $99—when you order your New Consultant Kit and watch your new business soar!
Dates: Offer valid April 1–30, 2014.




2 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card Susan and the invites are fantastic. I am curious what cartridge for the gold background?
What a savings making them your self.. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Love, love, love the card and I love, love, love the invites thus far. Bethany is so lucky to have you for a mom cause you are amazing! Hugs

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS