Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Card


Hello everyone!  Yesterday was the birthday of one of my favorite women EV-ER!  Upon hearing that her equally wonderful daughter would be paying her mom an overnight visit, I got myself together, with the assistance of my Cricut and Anna Griffin products, and crafted her a birthday card!


I used paper from two different sources: Anna Griffin and Close To My Heart. I used Anna Griffin's anniversary papers for the card background and matting layers, and CTMH for the flowers.  

The pink background was embossed with an Anna Griffin folder, then machine stitched to the floral matting.  I then used an Anna Griffin embossing die and cut the cream flowers.  Using micro tipped scissors I snipped the cream embossed flowers apart in order to add some to the top and some to the bottom front of the card.  


I used CTMH card stock and cut the rose2 from the Sophia cartridge.  I cut the background layer twice, once in pink and again in green.  Using scissors I snipped off the pink leaves and layered the three pieces with the green on the bottom so that only the leaves showed.  I added another pink flower inside the card as well.


I finished the card with a pretty pink striped bow and a Happy Birthday banner.  I hope that my friend had a fabulous birthday and that she enjoyed the mistake I made inside the card after I took these photos!!!  :)


1 comment:

Brenda said...

What a beautiful birthday card Susan! Hugs