Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter Basket with Carrot Treats


Hello Everyone!  Happy Easter Week!  At Bitten by the Bug 2 we are celebrating Easter with this week's Cricut challenge.  My sweet DT sister Brenda has challenged us to pull out our all the stops and go full-on Easter this week at BBTB2.  I decided to make a little Easter basket for a few goodies I have planned for my honey.


I used three cartridges to create this cute little Easter basket:  Easter 2010, Teresa Collins Bunnies and Chicks, and Art Philosophy.  The basket is on the Easter 2010 cartridge and is super easy to cut and assemble.  I did not cut the handle on the basket but instead I cut a 1/2 inch wide strip of pearl bazzil and used that as a handle (I wanted to match the pearls I added to the basket edge).  

The color of the basket is a nice spring green - which refused to photograph nicely.  I have no idea why this hue was so difficult, but it was.  I almost made the entire basket a second time when I saw the photos, but I decided to suck it up and admit that not all colors photograph well.


I cut the scalloped circle from Easter 2010, reshaping the circle into an oval in Cricut Craft Room.  I added plain oval (using Art Philosophy) to the center of the oval on which the bunny is matted.  The Bunny and bow are from the Easter 2010 cartridge.  I added a googly eye to the bunny for a bit of fun.


The carrots are perfect for filling with jelly beans or robins eggs (Doug's favorite)v- and are easily cut with Teresa Collins' Bunnies and Chicks cartridge.  I made my carrots about 4.25 inches tall and tied the tops with fun green and while polka-dot ribbon.  These carrots could be dressed up with faces or other stamped trim, but I chose to leave my carrots plain.

This is a perfect gift if you need a little Easter basket for someone.  I added four full size glittery eggs for the photos only, to give you some idea of how much you can fit in this little basket.  It will be a perfect size basket for Mr. Doug!

Remember when you are finished here to go to BBTB2 and check out all of the DT's fabulous projects. The ladies truly rocked their Easter  crafting this week!!


On a personal note - thank you all for your kind words, good thoughts, prayers, and other acts of kindness over the last two weeks.  We have truly felt so supported.  

My mother-in-law was a sweet lady who would be so proud of her children and grandchildren in the way they handled her passing and the way they have treated one another.  I have heard of families who have hurt feelings and fights after the parents are gone.  I can honestly say that my husband, his siblings, and their spouses were exactly the opposite of that type of behavior.  This family has been loving and caring, supporting one another and encouraging one another in their grief and in splitting up of property, etc.  My mother-in-law can rest easy knowing what wonderful adults her children became!



CLOSE TO MY HEART NEWS

Discover the Art of Business
Begin your business with fantastic savings!

Join Close To My Heart as an Independent Consultant April 1–30, 2014, and receive your favorite "art-full" Close To My Heart Cricut® collection FREE! Our New Consultant Kit is just $99 and comes packed with nearly triple the retail value in products and supplies to help you succeed. Plus, when you qualify for the Straight To The Top program, you will be refunded the price of your New Consultant Kit. Select your FREE Cricut® collection—retail priced at $99—when you order your New Consultant Kit and watch your new business soar!
Dates: Offer valid April 1–30, 2014.



11 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Adorable! I love the treat containers. The carrots are adorable. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

So cute !!! Great Easter basket !!

Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Laura Pizz said...

Eek we used the same basket cut - lol! I love how you added those carrots though - great job! ~Laura

Caroline said...

Your basket is so wonderful. I know your hubby will love his basket. Those carrots are adorable with the green ribbon and I love the bunny cut on the basket. So cute!

Brenda said...

Oh Susan I am loving your fun Easter basket!! You have decorated it so cute and festive. I love the carrots and the polka dot carrot tops-way to cute!! I know Doug will love his Easter basket, who wouldn't when it is made with such love?! I am also glad that Doug's family supported each other in the passing of their mother, that is rare to find anymore. Why I don't know, but it is. Your MIL can certainly rest in peace knowing she raised such a fine family. Hugs

Sharon said...

Loving your Easter Basket Susan!! The cut bunny on the front and those awesome carrots are just perfect!!! :)

Pam MacKay said...

Love your darling Easter basket the sparkling eggs and the cute carrots someone is just going to love your special basket!

moknowsall said...

Great Easter basket, sure is a nice centerpiece. I would like to try màking the carrots. Well, maybe next year

Maureen

Mollie said...

LOVE your basket, Susan! Your carrots are the best and your bunny is so cute! Fabulous project!

Have a great day!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Scrapping Girl said...

Wow-how fun is that basket!!!! Love the carrots especially-I think a carrot full of candy would be just the thing for an Easter treat! Sending continued prayers for your family during this difficult time. Hope you have a happy Easter :)
Michelle

Jaren said...

I just love the carrots!!! That is so cute!