Monday, April 28, 2014

Cascade Birthday Cards


Hello everyone!  Today is Monday so that means it is time for the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 post.  This week my Design Team member, Diana, selected the challenge cut.  In honor of her mother's birthday, Diana challenged the team to create projects using a Cricut cut birthday cake.  I decided to not only use a birthday cake cut, but to also create my first ever Cascade style card.


I found a simple template for the cascade card on line and I also watched a couple of videos on YouTube before attempting to cut the base card.  Once I understood the basics, cutting was easy.  I cut the base card in smooth white card stock.  I then used My Mind's Eye "hip-hooray" birthday paper pack to cut all of the elements for my card as well as to cover the white card stock.


I used three Cricut Cartridges to cut the embellishments for my card:  Celebrations, Sweet Treats, and I cut the labels on the front with Art Philosophy.  If I had this to do over, I might not use so much of the same colors and patterns of card stock over and over.... But I confess that this was an "after mid-night" crafting project.  Which means, I probably was not at my best when cutting the elements for the card.


As you can see from the side view, there is plenty of room to add more cuts or to add little notes on the side panels.  The photo below is for MFK - my friend Kathy - who will ask, "But where do you sign the card?"  Lots of signing location options!!


Thanks for stopping by today and for checking out my first ever cascade card.  I cannot wait to try this again when I am more awake and can do a better job of planning my paper choices.

Please go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out the Cricut Birthday Cake projects my Design Team has created for you.  They are such talented group of ladies!!  And please do join us this week by creating your own Birthday Cake project and linking up with us at the BBTB2 blog!!


I will be back tomorrow with details on Saturday's bridal shower with photos!!!  



13 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So super cute, love the patterns!

Caroline said...

Wow, Susan! This cars is amazing! I love the paper, the colors and all the cuts! Love, love it!!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

What a beautiful and super fun cascade birthday card !
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Tina Campbell said...

Wow that is a super cool card! Amazing to see, I've done the cascade and would not have thought to do that with it :)

Scrapping Girl said...

I've never seen one like this before-how SUPER cool! I love to see things with lots of room to embellish, and this style of card has space for a bunch of things! I'm impressed you can craft anything after midnight…let alone something this amazing!
:)
Michelle

Sharon said...

Loving your card Susan!!! I've never seen one before. It is fabulous!! Love the papers you used!!! :)

Laura Pizz said...

What fabulous card! Great work! ~Laura

Brenda said...

This is amazing Susan!! I am so loving your paper choices, and die cut choices, so fun and festive!!! Just like birthdays should be, so even when you do make another one of these cascading cards, I can't image it looking even better than this one. You will use different types of die cuts and papers which will change the look, but this one IS fabulous too!!! Hugs

moknowsall said...

Great card. I love the colors and wouldn't change a thing. I really have to do the same as you and look at some utube videos to make this or the pop up card, they turn out great.

Maureen

Katherine said...

Susan, I love it! You did a great job. I want to try one now.

Jaren said...

Wow! That is a really fantastic card!

Mollie said...

Susan, I am blown away by this project!!! It is FANTASTIC!!! The papers/colors are so eye catching and your images are so fun!!! Absolutely amazing!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Pam MacKay said...

Oh my goodness Susan you have really out done yourself! What an awesome creation love all the detail and wonderful design!