Monday, March 24, 2014

Pretty Baby Shoes with Flowers


Hello everyone. It is Monday and that means it is time for another Bitten by the Bug 2 Cricut challenge.  This week's challenge is being hosted my my sweet Design Team sister, Pam.  Pam has challenged us to use Spring Flowers on a project this week.  With the lingering winter in many parts of the US, I think the sight of spring flowers would brighten everyone's day!  I know I love flower, but especially those first blooms of spring.  


I had planned to make a spring flower embellished "purse", but the more I looked at this darling baby shoe cut on the CTMH Cricut Artiste cartridge, I just couldn't resist crafting a set of sweet pink, flower embellished baby shoes!  I used two cartridges to make the shoes, CTMH Artiste and CTMH Art Philosophy.


I cut the top layer of the shoe four times - two cuts in pink Close To My Heart solid Sorbet card stock, and two times in CTMH print card stock.  I did this for two reasons: 1. to reinforce the shoe upper after embossing, and 2. to create some contrast inside the shoe.

I used one of those beautiful Anna Griffin embossing folders to emboss the baby shoes - this folder is called Pirouette and I purchased it at HSN.  


 In addition to the solid color CTMH card stock, I also used print CTMH card stock from the Ariana set to create the flowers on the front of the shoes.  I cut the flower in three sections - the small green print centers, the bold floral middle section, and the pink chevron print background section.  I used glue to hold the flowers together and apply the flowers to the shoes.

I finished the shoes with pink organza ribbon bows.  Wouldn't these little shoes be adorable at a baby shower?  


Be sure to go by Bitten By The Bug 2 and check out the fabulous Spring Flower projects my Design Team sisters created!  This is such a fun challenge, especially at this time of year, I hope that you will make time this week to join us in the challenge!!





 You will not want to miss March's Stamp of the Month, HAPPY PLACE!  I love the stamps of these darling nesting dolls!  Just look at a couple of the fun things you can create!!!


The Stamp of the Month set retails for $17.95, or with a $50 order, the stamp set can be added to your cart during check out for only $5.00!


14 comments:

Vickie said...

The shoes are adorable. I've been wanting to do these shoes and now I think I will. TFS.

Brenda said...

I love, love these beautiful little baby shoes!!! I thought at first maybe you were telling us something Susan. lol I like the tip about cutting out the layers twice to reinforce the shoe. I have been so wanting to make these adorable shoes and the one time I was going to, I couldn't find my cartridge!! I was so upset. I did find it, but as always a day late and a dollar short. lol Hugs

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful baby booties!!! LOVE!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

These are adorable , precious and beautiful !!!

Hugs,
Mayra

DIANA L. said...

These are so adorable Susan -- I am inspired to want to make these now -- I love the embossing and the color and everything about these little shoes, but especially the flower s on the top!! Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Jayne said...

Your baby shoes are just gorgeous Susan. Love the embossing and beautiful flowers.
Hope your painting is going well!!
Hugs

Caroline said...

These baby shoes are just gorgeous!! I love the embossing and the beautiful flowers. Love seeing another on of your amazing creations!

Stephanie said...

These are adorable Susan.

Sharon said...

WOW!!!! These are most awesome Susan!!! Love the papers, the embossing and the beautiful flowers!!! :)

Katrina Brown said...

These are simply precious!

Mollie said...

Holy Moly, Susan - these are FABULOUS!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them! The flowers are amazing and the detail on the shoes blows me away! I would totally try and craftlift this, but it would definitely be an epic fail - way beyond my talent and ability!

Have a great day!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Laura Pizz said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! Great work! ~Laura

Jaren said...

These are adorable!! I love Anna Griffen embossing folders! I want some so badly!

Pam MacKay said...

Oh my goodness Susan I have never seen a cuter project then your sweet little baby shoes! They are so so so adorable! Fabulous project!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS