Monday, March 3, 2014

Favorite Cartridges - Wedding Sneak Peek

(click any photo to see large)

Hey-o everyone!  It's Monday and that means it is time for the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge post.  Our challenge this week was selected by our talented Design Team sister, Mayra, who's challenge is a bit.... CHALLENGING!  Mayra asked the DT members to select their favorite Cricut cartridge or Cricut cut and create a project.  Wow!  She really thought I could select only one cartridge??  Well I tried....

You know how I always say that Art Philosophy is my favorite cartridge?  Well it is one of my top favorites!  But I also LOVE Pretty Pennants and the font on CM Divine Wedding.  So I combined three of my favorites and created this banner for Bethany's wedding to use on the cake table.


I do not recall if I have shared, but Bethany's colors are pink and brown - with three shades/tints of each hue.  With her colors in mind, I designed this seven pennant banner - there are three photo pennant elements, two word element pennants, and two wedding cake pennant elements.


I used Bazzill wedding card stock for the white/ivory cuts.  I also used Close To My Heart Champagne color card stock, and Bazzill pink and brown card stock.



I love the photos that I was able to add to the photo pennants.  I chose two fun photos and one posed "couple" shot to use in the brown wrought iron cut outs.


I love the fun photos above and below.  I used three layers on these pennants - pink scalloped background, wedding ivory middle layer, and the brown iron cut on top.


You may have noticed that all of the pennant sections are trimmed in flowers.  I used CTMH Champagne card stock, white American Craft card stock and pink Bazzill card stock to cut twenty-four Art Philosophy roses.  I used the CTMH quilling tool and glue to assemble the roses.  Once dry, I glued the roses, in various combinations and colors, to the corners of the pennant sections.


I added brackets to the back of the pennant sections to run ribbon through.  I used ivory silk-like seam binding to attach the sections together.  I also used champagne colored silk-like seam binding and chocolate brown CTMH ribbon strips to embellish each corner of the pennant sections.  


I really like how the pennant came together and I think it is going to look great on the front edge of Bethany wedding cake display.

Be sure to go by Bitten By The Bug 2 and check out the fabulous projects my Design Team sisters created using their favorite cartridges/cuts!  This is such a fun challenge, the most difficult part is picking a favorite cartridge or cut, I hope that you will make time this week to join us in the challenge!!



 You will not want to miss March's Stamp of the Month, HAPPY PLACE!  I love the stamps of these darling nesting dolls!  Just look at a couple of the fun things you can create!!!



The Stamp of the Month set retails for $17.95, or with a $50 order, the stamp set can be added to your cart during check out for only $5.00!



10 comments:

Scrapping Girl said...

Oh Susan, this is GORGEOUS!!!!!! It will look amazing on the cake table! Love this color combination she chose for the wedding-one of my favorites too. The flowers and pennants are just breathtaking!
:)
Michelle

DIANA L. said...

Gorgeous Susan I love the banner it is so elegant and attention to detail on every pennant. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

What a gorgeous banner !!! Beautiful layers and details !!

Hugs,
Mayra

Laura Pizz said...

beautiful work, simply gorgeous, breathtaking! ~Laura

Brenda said...

Your chosen favorite carts don't surprise me Susan, they are so you! I love, love this banner, so elegant, and think it will look so fabulous on the cake table! I love Bethany's color choices as well and loved this peek into the wedding decorations! Hugs!

Pam MacKay said...

Oh my goodness how gorgeous! You have put so much time and love into this beautiful banner!

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness gracious!!! This is breathtakingly beautiful Susan!!!! It is going to look awesome on Bethany's cake table. :)

Melanie Brown said...

Oh, Susan, I love a good banner! This one is gorgeous!

moknowsall said...

It is absolutely beautiful. Your work is so exquisite. She will love it. BTW, I used the banner I created as my Designer submission as a banner around my daughter's cake table. It will look great on yours too!!

Maureen

Mollie said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! So very pretty, Susan! Your flowers are amazing and I LOVE pink/brown combos!

Have a great week!!!

Emily
Mollie's Motif