Monday, March 31, 2014

April Shower Banner

(Click on any photo to see enlarged)

Hello everyone, happy Monday and welcome to this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  My sweet design team sister, Sharon is hosting this week's Cricut challenge.  Sharon asked us to create an April Showers project:  baby shower, bridal shower, rain showers, etc.  And as Bethany is having bridal showers in April, I crafted a bridal shower banner!


Bethany's first shower is being hosted by my next door neighbor, Penny.  Penny asked if I could assist her in planning her shower.  Her theme is Southern Belle Afternoon Tea.   Using my on-line digital program, I created the invitations above (info redacted) for the shower.  Penny really liked the pinks and the roses.  

I promised Penny that I would also craft a banner for the shower.  Using two Cricut cartridges - Sophia and Pretty Pennants - I created this seven pennant banner.  I used card stock from Close to My Heart, Heartfelt Creations, and Bazzill.  I embossed each banner section with an Anna Griffin embossing folder using my vagabond.


The middle section of the banner defines a Southern Belle.  It features the wedding bells cut from Pretty Pennants, which I cut in two different card stocks. Using scissors, I cut the bow from the pink cut, embossed the bow, and glued it over the bow on the white bells.


In keeping with my Bridal Shower theme, I added two pennant sections that contain this pretty umbrella cut out.   I embossed the top pink layer and, using a dauber, I added color with Red 3D Stempel Farbe Stamp Paint.


I added four sections that contain Southern Belle Secrets.  Each of the Southern Belle Secrets was printed onto white card stock and cut out using Spellbinders dies.  I finished each of the Southern Belle pennant sections with a rose from the Sophia cartridge.  I embossed the top layer of each rose and added Red stamp paint with a dauber.  See below for a detailed look at the rose.


Be sure to head over to the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out the fabulous projects the Design Team created this week.  They rocked the April Showers challenge!!


I will be back tomorrow (insert shocked look) with the April Close To My Heart news and a new technique to share that I learned last weekend.



11 comments:

Mollie said...

Absolutely beautiful, Susan!!! That banner is incredible and the invites are gorgeous!!! So inspiring!!!

Have a great day!!!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Beautiful !!! Wow, gorgeous colors and design !!!

Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow!! I love this banner Susan! You are the queen of party planning my friend. The invite is gorgeous, I love the party theme that your neighbor chose-perfect! The banner is elegant yet fun, I so love the southern belle tips and I love the definition. The umbrella pennants are great, love the wedding bells and love, love those roses. You rocked this challenge! Hugs

Sharon said...

Oh My Gosh!!!!! This is awesomeness for sure Susan!!!! I so love the banner. It is beautiful. And the invitation is fabulous!!! I too love the southern belle tips. :)

Laura Pizz said...

Wow, what an intricate, lovely banner! ~Laura

Caroline said...

Your banner is so beautiful. I love the embossing and all the pretty papers and elements. I just love everything about it.

Jaren said...

Oh wow!! This is gorgeous!!

DIANA L. said...

WOWZER!!! the banner is fantastic. I absolutely love the colors and the embossing is gorgeous.
Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Pam MacKay said...

Susan your banner is just over the top gorgeous! I love each of the panels! Awesome project!

Scrapping Girl said...

Amazing! This is SOOO pretty! Each section of the banner is artwork by itself! LOVE the colors too! Bethany is so lucky to have your talent helping with the wedding and shower!!!!
:)
Michelle

moknowsall said...

Wow that is a lot of work, it turned out beautiful.

Maureen

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS