Monday, February 3, 2014

Valentine Love Card


Hello friends!  Today is Monday and that means it is time for our weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  My dear Design Team sister, Jayne, from Jayne's Designs, is the host of this week's challenge.  Jayne challenged the DT to use a Cricut heart cut and create a Valentine project.

I do quite love (no pun intended) St. Valentine's Day and all of the doilies, hearts, cupids, and other trappings of the occasion.  I even decorate my home for St. Valentine's Day.  So, of course, I was looking forward to this St. Valentine challenge.  There are so many Cricut heart shaped cuts, as well as several Valentine themed cartridges, that I had a difficult time deciding which to use.  In the end, I chose to use the Victorian Valentine cartridge.  I do so love the sweet cupids on this cartridge.


I used three elements from the Victorian Valentine cartridge to create my card.  In the photo above I used the previously mentioned Cupid cuts.  I cut the base layer in pale pink and the top layer in red card stock.

I chose the heart and the scalloped heart shadow to create the double heart embellishment in the middle of the card.  I welded two hearts and the two scalloped shadows together.  I cut the shadow in red and the top layer in pink (the opposite of the cupid cutting pattern).  I used a small embossing folder and embossed the top layer of welded hearts.  I added a strip of double edged pink scalloped lace with a pale pink bow made of seam binding and applied the hearts over the layers.  


For the bottom third of the card front, I used the two layer LOVE cut.  I cut the shadow in red and the top layer in white.  I embossed the heart only, which holds the space for the letter O in the word love.  


I used an Anna Griffin die to cut the pretty white cut in the background.  I matted the white cut on a pink background, with a second matting of pink and white print card sock.


You do know that we so love it when you join us in the weekly challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2.  I do hope you decided to join us this week for the St. Valentine Heart challenge.  You must use your Cricut and cut at least one heart for your project.  Please check the challenge rules in the sidebar at BBTB2 for all of the details.   While you are there be sure to check out the fab projects the DT created for you this week.  They rock!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I do have a couple of new project to share with you this week - so I will not be ignoring my blog all week long again!


12 comments:

Jayne said...

Well MFS, I knew you would rock this challenge and you did. I love all the beautiful layers and lace. Such a pretty card. I've never seen the Victorian Romance cart before.
Hugs
YFJ

Mollie said...

Beautiful card, Susan! LOVE the elegance to it! It's FABULOUS!!!

Have a great week!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This is a gorgeous card !!! Lovely details and die cuts !!!

hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

gorgeous. hugs

Brenda said...

I do LOVE this card Susan! I don't have this cart and you are making me want it!! lol I love those cute cupids and that "love" word. Your middle heart border and other border underneath is so pretty, and I love, love that AG die cut in the background! You can just send this card right to me!!! lol, lol All kidding aside, this is one stunning card Susan. Hugs!

Creative M said...

This is just Beautiful....
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Caroline said...

Oh, Susan! I love all the elements of this card! Pretty overlay, love those cupids. This is certainly a beautiful card!

Pam MacKay said...

What a fantastic combination of cricut cuts! Your card is awesome!

Laura Pizz said...

Love that elaborate card - perfect for Valentine's Day! Great embossing too! Mayra

Sharon said...

This is so beautiful Susan!!! I love the die cut in the bg. And those darling cupids. The border and ribbon in the middle is so pretty. Love the embossed hearts. The 'Love' is just perfect. Awesome card!!!! :)

Melanie Brown said...

Simply elegant! Love it!

Jaren said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the embossing!!