Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy President's Day & A Thank You


Happy President's Day!  In honor of the Federal Holiday here in the USA, the Bitten by the Bug 2 team has been challenged by our Design Team sister, Laura, to craft a patriotic project.  I pulled out Cricut's Heritage cartridge and created this Presidential card.  Because I was not sure what to do with this card after today, I gave it to my friends Susan and Jan, who are participating in Operation Write Home.  I hoped that perhaps this might be useful to someone in the Armed Forces.


I used three Cricut Heritage cartridge cuts to create this card:  the Silhouette of my George Washington-like gentleman, the ink well and quill, and the parchment scroll.  I thought the colors and layers worked well together.


The photos above and below offer you closeup views of the card Cricut cuts.  I must thank my friends for sharing their crafting supplies with me so that I could complete this challenge.....


I was away this weekend, in Spartanburg, SC, working a fundraiser for my friend Jan's daughter.  Some of you may recall that last fall my friends and I held a fundraising crop for Jan's daughter, Terri.  Terri's medical bills and expenses continue so we planned a weekend crop at Scrapbook Creations in Spartanburg.  The event exceeded our expectations and we have not only a wonderful group of scrappers to thank for that, but also Scrapbook Creations and their generosity.

I had to transport snacks and a ton of prizes to the weekend crop, along with the supplies for the wedding crafts that were on my to-do list.  Well, I remembered all of the prizes and snacks and wedding supplies, but I completely forgot to add a selection of solid card stock  and my paper trimmer to my travel bags!  My friends Peggy, Jan, and Beth all contributed supplies to this card!  It took a village for me to complete this week's BBTB2 challenge!  Thanks friends!

Speaking of Scrapbook Creations, if any of you live within driving distance of Spartanburg, SC, you owe it to yourself to make a visit to Scrapbook Creations.  This is a scrapbooker's paradise.  There are so many wonderful scrapping tools, papers, bazzill, supplies, classes, support staff... and add to that, a great cafe and ice cream shop.  It is truly a one-stop wonder!  Once you arrive onsite, you do not have to leave until you "HAVE" to leave!  You can shop, craft, and eat all in the same store!

Thank you all for stopping by today.  If you have not already done so, please head over to BBTB2 and check out the patriotic projects the design team created for President's Day!

Happy President's Day!


12 comments:

Katrina Brown said...

Ooooh, this is a great card! I especially like the symmetry and layout. Colors are great, too! Thanks for sharing this!

Scraphappenswithrhonda said...

beautiful card.hugs

Pam MacKay said...

What a fantastic card design! Love all the combination of cut images!

Jaren said...

Love the red twine! It completes the card perfectly!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This card is fantastic , the texture is perfect !!Hope you have a wonderful day !!

Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Wow Susan, I am totally loving this card! All the die cuts you used are just fabulous! I love the color combo and love that flag paper, which looks similar to some I have. lol You ladies work well together, love when friend helps friends get something done. Sure wish I was in your area as I would love the check out that shop!! DH probably wouldn't love me to though. lol Hugs!

Caroline said...

Sounds like you had a very busy weekend!! I love your card, all the layers and the images that you chose. The background paper is so perfect!! Glad the scap went well.

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness gracious!!! Your card is fabulous Susan!!! I love your Washington silhouette, the scroll and the ink well/quill. And the bg paper is fantastic!!!!
Glad you had a great weekend. :)

moknowsall said...

This is a great card, the layers are wonderful. It will be perfect for someone to send home to a loved one

Maureen

DIANA L. said...

Wonderful patriotic card. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Beckie Williams said...

I love your card. I think it is great that you are donating it!

Laura Pizz said...

Love the card -- and that feather is the perfect touch. ~Laura