Monday, February 10, 2014

Creative Space Share


Hello everyone.  This week at Bitten by the Bug 2 we have decided to do something a bit different.  We thought it might be fun instead of our weekly challenge to host a scraproom/craft space share.  The design team member are sharing their creative spaces with you and it is our hope that you might share your space also.  Our DT creative spaces vary from a corner of a room to full, designer inspired craft rooms.  My own creative space is a bit of a cluttered mess.

My scrap space has grown and changed so much through the years that I have been scrapbooking.  I started scrapping storing my supplies in a box in the dining room.  I finally claimed a desk, purchased a rolling cart to hold my paper, and purchased a small hutch for the desk top.  I scrapped on that desk out of the corner of my bedroom for probably five - six year.  

When we purchased a new house in 2007 I claimed the smallest bedroom as a scraproom.  I used half of the room and had a twin bed set up in the room.  Within a year I had claimed the whole room and that bed was history!


My main work area is an L shaped desk.  I tend to do all of my cutting, stamping and assembling while seated at this desk.  My most used tools are in the three drawers pictured above, with inks, markers, stamp blocks, etc. all within arm's reach.  To the right are my favorite solid (CTMH) card stock, score board, and scraps sorted by color.

To my immediate left on the desk are my two most used cutting machine.  The Silhouette Cameo is on top of the desk, my Cricut Expression 2 is on a shelf under the desk.  Also within reach are flowers, glues, Stickles, buttons, etc.


Behind my desk chair are three different storage areas.  First are the cubes that hold so many supplies - my metal dies and matching stamps, kits, die cut machines, and stamps sorted into cases atop the cubes.  The cubes also store my Cricut cartridges, embossing tools, MORE stamps, xyron machines, etc., all  of which are stored inside the drawers.


To the left of the white cubes are smaller natural wood cubes.  These cubes store my printed card stock, sorted by them or manufacturer.  Next to the cubes is a solid color card stock tower.  And on the floor in front of the tower is a pile of card stock that needs sorted and putting away.


My craft space also houses my sewing area.  I have this heavy table with a flip up leaf that hold my embroidery machine  The table is very deep so that gives me lots of additional storage and work space.  My scrapbook travel bags are stored under the sewing area.  This room also contains a full size closet with six large shelves ceiling to floor.  I am NOT going to give you a peek into that area!

The Bitten by the Bug 2 Design Team would love for you to share your creative space with us.  It is amazing what we can learn from one another's craft spaces. It is also amazing how our craft spaces change and grow with us.  Please stop by the BBTB2 blog and check out the great craft spaces the DT has shared.  Use the linky under this week's post to share your creative space.




14 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

great craftroom. hugs

Jayne said...

Love your craftroom Susan. I'm loving seeing everyone's space and can picture them crafting away! Love your paper storage, that's on my list somewhere!
Hugs

Melanie Brown said...

This is a really great space, Susan! I love it!

Sandi said...

what a wonderful room to create in, hugs

Brenda said...

What a wonderful crafty space Susan! I think we all started off about the same way, in bags on the floor or eating table. lol I love all the goodness that is so well organized in your currant room! Good for you for taking the whole room for your hobby. Hugs!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Fantastic craft room ! Love the touches of pink ! Hope you have a wonderful week !

Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

What a fun challenge. You have a wonderful space to work in. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Jaren said...

Love your craft room Susan! This post was so much fun! I love getting a sneak peak at everyone's spaces!

Mollie said...

Fabulous space, Susan! LOVE all your cabinets, drawers, and cubbies! Thanks for sharing!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Caroline said...

I loved seeing your crafty space. It is so fabulous!! You have alot of wonderful storage! I loved your comment about the closet!! I didn't show mine either, lol. I have my paper stored in there. Thanks for sharing your space!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Your space is awesome! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Your space is awesome! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Pam MacKay said...

Love your happy space! The pink drapes with the pictures hanging on them is a fabulous idea! Wonderful room!

Sharon said...

Awesome Crafty Room Susan!!! Love all of the storage space. Love the lamp, too. :)