Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Baby It's COLD Outside!


Hello friends.  Brrrr, Baby it IS cold outside!  What a crazy winter we have had all over the U.S.  Here in SC we have had snow - real live snow - and chilly temperatures.  It has been like a real winter, well except that real winter in the north has been horrid.  But what can one do when it is so cold outside?  Craft a few cold weather friends to lighten the mood!


I used my Silhouette Cameo and a cut file from the Silhouette America store to create 23 of these darling penguins.  My daughter, Bethany, is teaching her second graders a series of lessons penguins.  I made these cuties for Bethany to clip onto the top of the students' papers for display.

Bethany told me that she would be laminating the penguins so that she might protect them in order to use them again in the future.  Oh what a smart woman!


New on the wedding front:  John's nieces are going to be in the wedding as a junior bridesmaid and flower girls.  Bethany has already selected their dresses, but we will be joining Grandma Ross and the girls this Saturday to order their dresses in the correct sizes.

Bethany and I have been finalizing the menu with our caterers, adding appetizers to the cocktail hour and other small changes.  We are thrilled to be working with caterers who so fully embrace Bethany's vision for her wedding.

I have begun work on the invitations.  I will be using spellbinder dies to cut many of the layers after the printing is complete.  I cannot wait to be able to share photos with you.

NEW CTMH CATALOG & NEW PRODUCTS



I am currently shipping copies of the new Close To My Heart Spring/Summer 2014 catalog. If you would like to receive a copy, please use the Paypal link in the upper right sidebar to purchase your copy, shipping included, for $5!  There are so many cute, cute, cute projects and products in this catalog, it is truly more of an idea book!

The new stamp of the month set is so darned cute!  Think - What did the Fox say?  TheWild About Love set opens the door for so many creative ideas!!




And did I mention that there is a February Sales Special?  Oh indeed I did!  During the month of February, you qualify to receive a free embossing folder for every 2 packs of bulk cardstock (single color or combo) you purchase! That is a savings of $8.95! Select from 5 new embossing folder designs—dot, chevron, quatrefoil, damask, or stripe—when you submit a qualifying order.




That my friends, is a lot of inspiration!!  And a lot of new products to covet!  Did you know that you can earn free products by hosting a CTMH Gathering?  If you would like to get together with your paper crafting friends, make a fun project, have a good time, and earn free products, shoot me an email or give me a call and I will tell you how that works!

4 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

such a cute pequin. hugs

Debbie said...

Adorable penguins!

Beckie Williams said...

just love the little penguins! Thank for sharing!

Brenda said...

That is rare for the south to have snow, but I know my family down there had snow too. We have been hit with snow and ice and sub zero and below temps! Talk about a crazy winter!! Love the penguins Susan! They will look very cute in Bethany's class room! I remember laminating everything I made with my Cricut for my class room too. lol You want to be able to reuse this stuff as much as possible! Hugs!