Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy 23!


Hello friends!  I cannot believe that it has been an whole week since I shared a new project with you.  All I can say is the winter tummy virus is no fun, and wedding planning is a lot of fun!  Bethany, Duncan the wonder dog, and I have all had the tummy thing, but the down time afforded us lots of planning time.

But now it is time for a new project and for the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  My sweet design team sister, Caroline, selected this week's challenge - a birthday card that includes a number.  My card is not hugely festive and birthday looking, but it suits the character of the recipient.  She likes denim, flowers, and a touch of vintage!  Instead of balloons and party hats, I thought she would like flowers and blue prints far better.


I made my flowers using the Art Philosophy cartridge and textured card stock.  After rolling and gluing my my flowers together, I added Stickles to the "petals."  I added a paper flower to the center of the purchased denim flower.


I finished the card with the stamped "Happy 23" rectangle and added the rectangle to the corner of the center card panel.

If you have not already done so, please head over to the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog and check out the far better numbered birthday cards created by my design team sisters.  They put so much work into their cards and it truly shows.  Also remember, we so enjoy it when you join us in the weekly challenges!




11 comments:

Brenda said...

I think your card is fabulous Susan! I love the denim look and love that flower and of course the other rolled flowers! Your papers are beautiful! Our cards are supposed to match the person we give them too, that is what makes them so special! Hugs!

Jayne said...

Glad you are feeling better Susan.
Love your hip and trendy card! It really is cool.
Hugs

Mollie said...

Beautiful card Susan! Your flowers look amazing with the sparkle! Love the center step style too!

Emily - Mollie's Motif

Pam MacKay said...

Wow I love the flowers and the shape of your card absolutely beautiful!!!

Melanie Brown said...

love the little roses! I think your color choices are fabulous too! I will have to store that one away in my head!

Caroline said...

Ohhhh, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the beautiful flowers!! I love the center step card and the pretty paper! Just perfect!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Stunning !!! The whole card is gorgeous !!! Love !!!

Hugs,
Mayra
MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Ohhh WOW!!!! This is fabulous Susan!! I so love the flowers and those great papers. :)

Jaren said...

Love the stickles on the flowers! Very nice touch!

Laura Pizz said...

Beautiful card! ~Laura

moknowsall said...

Very nice card, I like the color combo

Maureen