Monday, January 20, 2014

A Case of the Vapors?


Hello friends!  Welcome to the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 Cricut Challenge!  This week my dear design team member, Emily, the owner of Mollie's Motif Blog, selected our challenge theme.  Emily challenged the DT to create Get Well cards!  I came out of wedding land long enough to design and assemble this fun Hello Kitty get well card!


Anyone who knows me, know that I do indeed love Hello Kitty.  Look at her tucked into her bed in her PJs and night cap.  Poor Kitty is feeling a bit under the weather!   I used three Cricut cartridges to create my HK card:  Hello Kitty Greetings, Artiste, and Billionaire.  I used a new line of Close To My Heart card stock - it officially comes out on February first - to create the cuts for the card.  I will be telling you more about the new products in the coming weeks!


I decided that Hello Kitty, being the southern belle kitty that she is, would not admit to really being ill; she claims to have A Case of the Vapors!  Poor Kitty.  I cut the "case of the vapors" phrase with the Billionaire cartridge, and I cut the banner with Artiste.


Like most of our weekly challenges, the Bitten by the Bug 2 Design Team and I invite you to join us in this week's challenge.  Create your own Cricut cut Get Well card and share it with us at the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog!

Things in wedding land - where my head is most of the time these days, is progressing nicely.  We purchased Bethany's bridal gown last week!  She looked so beautiful and so happy!  She also selected her bridesmaids dresses and the maids have begun purchasing.  And on top of that, I lucked upon a dress that I love!  So, our dresses are all taken care of!

I have been working on designing invitations... I think we are on design number 6 now!  I finally have an invitation that I truly love and I cannot wait to share it with Bethany.

I will try to keep you posted on the wedding progress, but of course I cannot show you any of the crafted items until this summer!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Do take time to go by BBTB2 and check out the great Get Well cards that the design team created!


15 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

too darn cute. hugs

Rosie said...

SOOO CUTE

Creative M said...

This is so SWEET! love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Mollie said...

Super cute card, Susan! Love your layout and the cuts look great! Have a fabulous week!!!

Emily

DIANA L. said...

Oh Susan this is so adorable. you just can't go wrong with HK. Have a great day!
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Scrapping Girl said...

This is DARLING! Love the title "case of the vapors"! I agree that Kitty looks much too genteel to actually be having an illness. I wish I looked that cute when I'm sick, LOL! Hope you have a marvelous week!
:)
Michelle

Caroline said...

Oh, I just love Hello Kitty! I tried to get the cartridge, only to find out that you can't get it anymore. I love your sentiment about getting the vapors! Very cute southern saying!!

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness, but this is a cute get well card Susan!! I love Hello Kitty and she indeed looks all tuckered out! Love your sentiment, perfect for that Southern Hello Kitty! lol Glad that the wedding plans and dress finding has went well, can't wait to see the fruits of your labor!! Hugs!

Pam MacKay said...

What a darling Hello Kitty card! Love everything about it!!

Sharon said...

Poor Kitty!!! She does look a little peakish there! Love the papers you used. So pretty. And This is a most fabulous Hello Kitty cut!!
Good to hear the wedding plans are going well. And the dresses being bought is a huge step!
Can't wait to see all of the creations you are making. :)

moknowsall said...

I love hello kitty too, and so does my Grandaughter. Nice card, I've never heard that vapor term, learned something new today

Maureen

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This card is super, super cute ! Amazing get well card !

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Michelle N. said...

I just adore this-sooooo darn cute! I wish I had the HK cartridge!

Laura Pizz said...

ADORABLE!!!! ~Laura

Betsy said...

I can't wait to see the wedding invitations that you'll be making! My son is getting married in October, and I'll be making their invites. Still looking for ideas for them!!