Monday, December 9, 2013

Winter Wonderland Window View


Hello everyone.  The month of December is fully upon us and I am sure we are all beginning to feel the stress of up-coming holiday events.  I have a particularly busy week ahead, but I am quite looking forward to it.  I am expecting a visit from my mother, I am attending a cookie exchange on Thursday, a neighborhood party on Friday, and my Christmas Tea party is Sunday afternoon.  I see lots of baking and cleaning in my days ahead.  But I also plan to spent more time in my scrap room.  I find that time in my scrap room calms and renews me!

At Bitten by the Bug 2, we are offering you opportunities in the weeks ahead to join us in some pre-Christmas paper crafting de-stressing.  Please find time in the busy days ahead to join us in our weekly challenges and enjoy a little to yourself with crafting therapy!


Our BBTB2 challenge this week was selected by our sweet Design Team sister Sharon.  Sharon asked the DT to use any Cricut cartridge and create a project with the theme, "Winter is on the Way".  With that theme in mind, I decided to create a snowy window view of a winter wonderland!  I used only one cartridge and Cricut Craft Room to create this winter step card - Christmas (the Christmas cartridge was formerly known as Christmas Noel).

I have always liked this cartridge, it has a such a variety of delightful winter and Christmas images and I do like they way they can be combined to create festive and seasonal projects.

The main cuts I used on this card were the window (edited to combine two windows together), Santa and his sleigh, the village church, a homey cottage, and several trees. I added the cuts to the step card to create a village scene with Santa flying overhead.  


I created the window by welding two windows together.  I added an acetate sheet to the back of the window to create "glass".  I used liquid pearls covered with on the corners of the window panes to create a snowy look.

I added touches of white ink to the trees and Stickles to many of the card elements.  I gave the entire card a few shakes of white glitter to set off the sparkles.


I do hope that you take some "you time" this week and join our Winter is on the Way challenge at Bitten by the Bug 2.  Be sure to go by the blog for more wintery inspiration.



Be sure to take a look at the adorable December Stamp of the Month, Special Care. The stamp set retails for $17.95, or with a $50 order the cartridge can be added to your cart during check out for only $5.00!




This, my friends, is outstanding time to join my team and become a Close to my Heart Consultant!!!

Until December 15, each new Consultant who enrolls with either the "Essentials" or "Master" New Consultant Kit may also receive a fun, brand-new product from the Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book. To be eligible for the free product, the newConsultant must have $300 in sales by March 31, 2014.

What's the new product? It's the gorgeous new Picture My Life™ scrapbooking program. There are 8 fresh and stunning design themes to choose from, each one featuring 122 double-sided, designed cards in a mix of 3" x 4" and 4" x 6", plus a 12"x12" cover page to bring your album together beautifully. You also get 10 Memory Protectors™ with new formats designed just for this program and lots of your photos. It's a retail value of $24.95 but it’s FREE to qualifying new Consultants!

More details and photos will be available soon of the new "Picture My Life" scrapbooking program.


You can start earning the "Picture My Life"  program FREE right now when you sign up. When you, as a new Consultant, order the Essentials Kit and qualify for the offer, you will not only receive more than $180 in products and supplies, plus commission on your sales, (all for only $49) you will also add to that the perks of Straight To The Top, and a new Idea Book that will be coming out in January that will be loaded with great new products to introduce to your customers!  


Learn more here and here!




12 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is just fabulous, Susan! Love the beautiful scene you've created. You're on a roll with the gift packaging, too. How personal and special. Enjoy your busy week. Your decorations look fab! I'm JUST starting. xxD

Melanie Brown said...

Holy cow this is a cool card! I can tell this took a lot of time, but boy oh boy did it pay off! LOVE!

Pam MacKay said...

Wow Susan this is spectacular!! Your creativity is phenomenal!! I can't say enough about it I love the whole card!!

Sharon said...

My Oh My!!!! This is awesomeness for sure Susan!!! Totally!!!! So very beautiful!!! I love it!! I think I could sit at your window and look out at that beautiful scene all day!!! :)

Caroline said...

Ohhhhh, this is gorgeous. I didn't realize with your first pic that this was a step card. I LOVE your scene, it is so pretty! You amaze me!

Jayne said...

Stunning card Susan! Love your pretty winters scene.
Enjoy your busy week.
It's our Christmas drinks party at the weekend and Kevan and I have won a competition to go away and play in a golf competition the day after! So lots of running around organising between work! It's all good fun!
Hugs
Jayne x

Laura Pizz said...

I don't know what I love more...the snow on the window or the card background! Great work! ~Laura

Mollie said...

Susan, this is simply amazing! So many details! The scene is perfect for winter! LOVE the window effect! FABULOUS job!!!

Brenda said...

Oh Susan this card is just fabulous!! I love your winter wonderland with Santa flying over head! The Christmas cart is my fav too, just has some of the best die cuts on it. Hugs!!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This is such a great card , the layers are amazing !! What a beautiful creation !

hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Michelle N. said...

This is so stunning and gorgeous. I am in awe!

Scrapping Girl said...

Very very gorgeous! Love the winter scene-Susan, you are an artist with paper!!! Hope your busy week has gone well and you've been able to have some special time with your mom. I totally agree that crafty time is the best therapy (and cheaper than actual therapy!), lol!
:)
Michelle