Monday, December 16, 2013

Tag It Christmas Tag Challenge


Hello everyone!  What a busy, busy week I have had - - but not too busy to find time to participate in this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge.  This week's challenge was selected by my lovely Design Team sister, Laura.  Laura asked for use to Tag It - create a package to/from tag to use on your holiday packages.


I used only one cartridge to create my frosty tag, Art Philosophy, which, like Rudolph, is the greatest of them all.  Art Philosophy remains my all time favorite cartridge two and a half years after it's release!  I cut the round tag with a scalloped circle background, and the snowflakes using Art Philosophy.


I used Close To My Heart's Snowflakes stamp set and Crystal Blue ink to stamp the snowflake.  I added CTMH silver gems to the snowflakes.  I added ribbons and two fun labels to the tag.


Yesterday was my 2013 Christmas Tea.  I had 10 ladies, including my mother, in for tea, tea snacks, and a homemade ornament exchange.  I so enjoy getting together with my friends and especially with Christmas approaching.


I completely forgot to photograph the table prior to inviting the guest to partake of the food.  Oops.  The table truly looked inviting before we ate.  I am sorry you are seeing only the picked over version of the table.



I was very pleased to have my mom with me for a few days this month.  We have shopped, baked, attended a Christmas party, and she helped me with the tea.  Today we are off to Atlanta to see the Amy Grant and Vince Gill Christmas concert, featuring the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.  I have heard wonderful things about this show and am very excited.


I managed to hop into a few photos, like this one below with Kathy, Peggy, Megan, and Toby.


Here I am enjoying a snuggle with my friend Marcie!


 And finally a photo of my mom and I.  I think she looks spectacular for a woman who will be 77 in January!






Be sure to take a look at the adorable December Stamp of the Month, Special Care. The stamp set retails for $17.95, or with a $50 order the cartridge can be added to your cart during check out for only $5.00!




10 comments:

Carole Beath said...

what lovely photos...and a delightful tea party. I think I see some of those napkins I embroideried for you and sent for this event too. Hugs
Carole

Brenda said...

Your tag is just beautiful Susan! I love AP too and don't know why I didn't think to use it. Of course I know why, I think I am brain dead most of the time. lol Your tea looks like it was a great success and so much fun! Enjoy that concert my friend! Hugs!

Creative M said...

Fabulous tags!!! I wish I was at your tea party.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥
♥ Cut It Up Challenges ♥

Caroline said...

Your tag is so awesome. I love the beautiful snowflakes. I too love Art Philosophy. Your tea looks like sooo much fun. I love the picture of you and your Mom. Beautiful ladies!

Sharon said...

Fabulous tag Susan!! Love the shape and that beautiful snowflake. The papers and colors are oh so pretty. Love seeing the photos of your tea part. Sounds like ya'll had a great time. The photo of you and your Mother is wonderful. She is a beautiful Lady. :)

Mollie said...

Fabulous tag, Susan! LOVE the snowflake and that sentiment check box is too much fun! Your tea party looked amazing! You and your mom are both beautiful women!

Emily - Mollie's Motif

Pam MacKay said...

Your tag is just outstanding!! Love the naughty or nice! Your table with the twinkling trees is gorgeous!

Scrapping Girl said...

Susan, your tea party looks SO much fun! You and your mom both look amazing and how great that she got to share it the festivities. You seem like such a fabulous hostess-makes me wish I lived close enough to get invited to one of your gatherings! And your tag is absolutely beautiful-the papers look so lovely together (and I love the addition of the naughty or nice label!).
:)
Michelle

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Susan your mom looks amazing !!! You both are very beautiful ladies !! The tag you made is gorgeous !! Hugs, and Happy Holidays !!

Mayra
Mayrsdesigns.blogspot.com

Laura Pizz said...

Love your tags -- and your blinged out gorgeous table too! Happy Holidays! ~Laura