Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Personalized Drink Cups with a Friend


Hello friends.  Today I am going to share some fun, personalized drink mugs/cups that my friend Megan made for her female family members.  The women in Megan's family get together before Christmas for a girls only day of lunch and celebration.  Megan and her grandmother, mother, aunt, and cousins gathered last Sunday for their girl's day.  Megan contacted me last month and asked if I would help her personalize a few gifts for the ladies.


Megan purchased double-walled, shatter proof drink "jars" with colored lids.  She had a plan before meeting with to plan.  She knew she wanted her mom's and grandmother's cups to have a Christmas theme, her cousins to have fun designs with fun colors, and for her own and her aunt's mugs to have a University of South Carolina theme.  I am going to be honest here... The Michigan State Spartan in me had trouble with those Gamecock mugs!!  I kept thinking how much better they would look with Sparty on them!


It was fun watching Megan learn to manipulate the vinyl - - which became much easier once I introduced her to transfer tape!!


Megan liked the fun font I used for Maddie's mug so well that she asked if I could use the same font for her first initial too.  This font would be no fun to transfer without the transfer tape.


Oh the gamecocks - shudder!  I created a while frame for the bird so that he stood out a bit.


We added two layer USC initials to the side of Megan and Cindy's mugs....


And to their lids.

I think Megan had fun making the mugs.  She reported back that the mugs were a big hit at her girl's get together.  I am so happy that the other family members liked their mugs.  I thought Megan did a wonderful job of planning what she wanted, selecting colors, and applying the vinyl!




Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another Christmas themed post!!

6 comments:

sillygirl said...

Live a tutorial on how to use the transfer tape!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

These are such a great gift idea ! The design for each is wonderful !!

hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Carole Beath said...

Whoa....these are fabby.
Hugs
Carole

Brenda said...

I love these mugs and I love the way they are decorated with the vinyl!! Oh Susan you are so funny, I can remember having to paint these Gamecocks for my uncle in his magnetic sign shop and Bret bought quiet a few Gamecock shirts while we were in Conway this past summer. lol He is such a football fan both college and pro. I love the fonts you chose too!! Now you will have to do a mug for yourself with YOUR team on it! lol Hugs my friend!

Meredith Mobley said...

How did you create the gamecick logo? I've been trying to find one.

Susan Edwards said...

Hi Meredith,

I found the Gamecock on a facebook site for the Silhouette. Do you have a Cameo Silhouette? If so, email me at spartansus@gforcecable.com and I can sent the cut file to you.