Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas-ing!



Hello friends!  I have been MIA for the week and thought it might be time to catch you up on my comings and goings and Christmasing!  My week began ages ago (or so it seems) with my Christmas Tea last Sunday!  I know I gave you the tea highlights in a previous post.  

On Monday, my mom and I traveled to Atlanta, GA to see Amy Grant and Vince Gill perform in a Christmas concert with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.  The concert was phenomenal and both my mom and I loved the music!


Amy and Vince sang together as well as individually.  There was only one non-Christmas song and otherwise it was a wonderful mix of fun, festive, moving and uplifting!


I loved the way they look at one another!


After returning home from Atlanta and my mom going back to her home, I have had a mix of crazy days.  I had another of my EVIL kidney stones on Wednesday.  I suspect that I did not drink enough water while away on Monday and Tuesday.

I had a lunch date with my hubby on Thursday, followed by some quite time at home.  Neither of us was feeling 100% and we thought we might just need to rest, eat light, and have a "down day".  

Friday I shipped packages, ran some errands and FINALLY starting my gift wrapping.  My shopping has been completed for a few weeks, but I had yet to wrap the first gift.  Ouch.....


I made a few fun and festive packages using the Cameo and Cricut.  I found some great boxes (above and below) at HL and decorated those to look like they were shipped from the North Pole.  Each "child" will receive a mailed box from Santa.  The girls are getting the snowflakes above and the boys are getting the dots below.

I used the Cameo's print and cut feature to make the postage marks, the stamps and the address labels.


My kids saved some of the fun labels I made for them last year to re-use on packages this year.  Bethany especially loved the Buddy the Elf tag from last year.  I did not want for John to feel left out so I did a bit of crafting for him.  John LOVES soccer so I made this cute little soccer boy with a to/from tag welded to him.


I used the cameo and made this pretty box and bow set.  The box was cut in red card stock and the white print snowflakes were cut separately and added to the box.  The tag was cut with the Cricut and stamped with CTMH stamps.


Another of the big boxes I made with a hand made tag attached.


One of last year's saved gift bags.  This was a Cameo decorated bag.


This fun box was cut on the 12 x 24 mat.  I needed for it to be a bit larger then normal.  I used some of the printed 12x18 card stock from Darcie's.


This little snowman box is a cut file from SVG Cuts - you know how I love their cut files!  He is perfect for
"a little something" for Aaron.


Still have about 2/5th of my wrapping to complete, so I guess we know how I am spending my afternoon.  My younger son comes home tonight.  Aaron and Crissie will arrive on Christmas Eve.  I hope to see Bethany and John before Christmas Day, but I know they are busy with John's family.

I will be back on Monday with a BBTB2 post!!


1 comment:

snappy scrappy said...

You've been busy, fab table and projects! Merry Christmas!