Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Gift Box


Hello everyone!  I hope all of you had a lovely Thanksgiving and weekend.  We were especially thankful for friends and family and had a wonderful time with both.  Local friends included us in their Thanksgiving day plans, we hosted a friend and her children for Thanksgiving evening dessert and fun, and on Friday, our boys came home.  Our family did a "three-fer" celebration Saturday night at Buca di Beppo, celebrating Thanksgiving, our 32nd anniversary, and Ian's 23rd birthday!

But do not worry, even with all of the friend and family time, I did not forget about Bitten by the Bug 2 this week. In fact, I am hosting this week's challenge.  I asked the Design Team to create a Christmas gift box or bag using any Cricut cartridge.  I am hoping that BBTB2 might inspire you to create more homemade gift containers, tags, etc for this year's gift giving.



I created a gift bag that coordinates nicely with last Monday's Christmas card.  I used the same "wreath like cut" for the front of the box as I used on the card.   I used three Cricut cartridges to create my gift bag:  Paper Trimmings, Artiste, and Art Philosophy.

I cut the basic box using the Artiste cartridge.  I did weld an oval over the scalloped closure flap to create a smooth edge.   I used the Paper Trimmings cartridge to cut the wreath.  And I used Art Philosophy to cut the double layer flowers.  The flowers were stamped with a stamp which came with the Art Philosophy cartridge.  The greeting on the front of the wreath is a CTMH stamp from my stash.


I used my last sheet of 12 x 17 inch Christmas print card stock (from Darcie's) to created this box, which was cut at 11 inches tall and 14.5 inches wide, side ways on the 12 x 24 inch mat.  I welded an oval over the scallop-edged flap, making the box 11.5 inches tall.

The poinsettia's were cut at 1.5 inches and stamped with Ruby ink.  Three of the flowers were hand trimmed around the ink and then layered with pop dots.  Gold gems were added as flower centers.
 


Using Art Philosophy I cut a coordinating to/from cart and attached it to the gift bag using CTMH red and white twine.  I added sticky Velcro to the closer flap and the front of the box to secure the closure.  

I hope to create additional gift boxes in the coming two weeks as I wrap gift and place them under the tree. I hope that you choose to join us this week at Bitten by the Bug 2 and create gift boxes/bags of your own to use this Christmas.  I love the special touch that homemade gift containers and tags add to the gifting experience!


Thanks for stopping by today.



Yesterday was December 1st and I should have shared the December Stamp of the Month, Special Care, with you.  Fortunately you have all month to add this stamp set to your stamp collection!  The stamp set retails for $17.95, or with a $50 order the cartridge can be added to your cart during check out for only $5.00!




This, my friends, is outstanding time to join my team and become a Close to my Heart Consultant!!!

Until December 15, each new Consultant who enrolls with either the "Essentials" or "Master" New Consultant Kit may also receive a fun, brand-new product from the Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book. To be eligible for the free product, the new Consultant must have $300 in sales by March 31, 2014.

What's the new product? It's the gorgeous new Picture My Life™ scrapbooking program. There are 8 fresh and stunning design themes to choose from, each one featuring 122 double-sided, designed cards in a mix of 3" x 4" and 4" x 6", plus a 12"x12" cover page to bring your album together beautifully. You also get 10 Memory Protectors™ with new formats designed just for this program and lots of your photos. It's a retail value of $24.95 but it’s FREE to qualifying new Consultants!

More details and photos will be available soon of the new "Picture My Life" scrapbooking program.


You can start earning the "Picture My Life"  program FREE right now when you sign up. When you, as a new Consultant, order the Essentials Kit and qualify for the offer, you will not only receive more than $180 in products and supplies, plus commission on your sales, (all for only $49) you will also add to that the perks of Straight To The Top, and a new Idea Book that will be coming out in January that will be loaded with great new products to introduce to your customers!  


Learn more here and here!

11 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

so pretty. love it hugs

Carole Beath said...

Susan this is wonderful.... someone is going to love having this pretty bag with decoration handed to them.
Hugs
Carole

Caroline said...

This is such a beautiful gift bag! I love this wreath and the poinsettias. I love the beautiful paper. The gift bag is a gift in itself.

Creative M said...

Beautiful!!!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

Scrapping Girl said...

Susan, this is gorgeous! The bag is almost a gift by itself, it's so pretty! (I would definitely be saving it if it were under my tree) Love the poinsettias especially-they look beautiful! Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving full of family and friends!
:)
Michelle

Brenda said...

Love, love this beautiful bag/box Susan! The paper is so beautiful and I love the big snowflake and flowers that trim out this beautiful bag! It does go perfectly with your card!! Love it! Hugs!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This is such a beautiful and lovely gift bag ! All of the details are perfect !

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Laura Pizz said...

oh Susan, this is gorgeous!

Sharon said...

How beautiful!!!! I so love the patterned cardstock you used to make your bag. So very pretty. And the tag and poinsettias are most fabulous!! :)

DIANA L. said...


This is so awesome Susan. I love it.
The designer paper is so pretty. Where do you get 12x17? Love all your embellishments. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Jayne said...

Gorgeous gift bag Susan. Love your poinsettias. Happy Anniversary!
Hugs
Jayne x