Monday, November 25, 2013

Wreath Christmas Card with 3-D Bow



Hello friends!  Welcome to Monday of Thanksgiving week!  I do hate to sound old, but.... Wow, this year has flown by!  Last week Bitten by the Bug 2 focused on Thanksgiving (the Turkey Challenge that I missed) so this week we are on to helping you get your Christmas cards finished so they can go in the mail in early December.  

My wonderful Design Team member, Michelle, selected this week's BBTB2 challenge.   Michelle would like for us to any Cricut cartridge and create a new Christmas card.  I loved this challenge and decided to try something different.




I used three Cricut cartridges to make this standard sized card.  I used Paper Trimmings, 3-D Bows, and Art Philosophy.  I had a vague idea of a wreath style card, but I did not want to use an actual Christmas wreath cut on the card.  After a bit of searching, I found exactly what I was looking for on the Paper Trimmings Cartridge.  I love this double layer wreath-like design.  I used Close To My Heart card stock and cut the top layer with Juniper green and the shadow cut with Whisper gray.  

I attached the two layers with adhesive and then stamped a Christmas sentiment into the center section of the wreath.  I applied red sparkle gems and a circle of clean gems to the wreath.  

Using the Art Philosophy cartridge, I cut two Christmas ornaments, one in smooth white card stock and the second in slate gray card stock.  I used the Close To My Heart Trim a Tree stamp set to stamp the ornament cut and attached the ornament to the card front using pop dots.



The layered bow was created using the 3-D Bow cartridge.  I confess that I enjoy making these bows so much - I suspect a number of my Christmas packages will be sporting Cricut Cut 3-D bows this year!  The bow cut so nicely and they assemble in a snap!  I used CTMH Ruby card stock to cut the bow.  

The background paper is from my Christmas paper stash and it is matted on a rectangle of Ruby red card stock.

I hope that you take time to create a Cricut cut Christmas card this week and join our Christmas Card challenge.  If you have not already done so, please go by the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog and check out the variety of Christmas cards the design team has created for you!




Thanks for stopping by today!!  It's going to be a busy week for everyone, but I will be back with more projects to share this week!


Remember that the November Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month - Illuminate, is available for this month only!   You can order the stamp set for $17.95, or with a $50.00 CTMH order you will be prompted to add the Stamp of the Month during check out for only $5.00.




NOVEMBER CAMPAIGN:  NEW CONSULTANT PROMOTION!

This, my friends, is outstanding time to join my team and become a Close to my Heart Consultant!!!

From November 1—December 15, each new Consultant who enrolls with either the "Essentials" or "Master" New Consultant Kit may also receive a fun, brand-new product from the Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book. To be eligible for the free product, the new Consultant must have $300 in sales by March 31, 2014.

What's the new product? It's the gorgeous new Picture My Life™ scrapbooking program. There are 8 fresh and stunning design themes to choose from, each one featuring 122 double-sided, designed cards in a mix of 3" x 4" and 4" x 6", plus a 12"x12" cover page to bring your album together beautifully. You also get 10 Memory Protectors™ with new formats designed just for this program and lots of your photos. It's a retail value of $24.95 but it’s FREE to qualifying new Consultants!

More details and photos will be available soon of the new "Picture My Life" scrapbooking program.


You can start earning the "Picture My Life"  program FREE right now when you sign up. When you, as a new Consultant, order the Essentials Kit and qualify for the offer, you will not only receive more than $180 in products and supplies, plus commission on your sales, (all for only $49) you will also add to that the perks of Straight To The Top, and a new Idea Book that will be coming out in January that will be loaded with great new products to introduce to your customers!  


Learn more here and here!

14 comments:

Scrapping Girl said...

Susan, this looks SO pretty! I am in LOVE with the bow! I love the look of the gems you added around the wreath too. This card should make someone's Christmas special for sure! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and thank you for all you do for us at BBTB2!
:)
Michelle

Rhonda Emery said...

this is so beautiful. hugs

Jayne said...

HelloMFS! I love your beautiful and elegant card. I'm slightly addicted to these bows too!
Happy Thanksgiving!
YFJ x

Stephanie said...

Susan, this is beautiful. I love that bow.

Pam MacKay said...

What an awesome design!! Absolutely love these cards!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Laura Pizz said...

Wow great card! And 3-D Bow cartridge??? I need it now! ~Laura

Jaren said...

I just love the bow!!! Such a beautiful card!

Brenda said...

Wow Susan, this card is amazing! So beautiful and so elegant!! I love the "wreath" with the sentiment and the ornament in the middle and of course the big red bow! The gems just make this card sparkle and shine! Hope you have a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

The bow is stunning , as is the whole card !!! Love every single detail !!

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Beautiful!!! Love the bow and the ornament. And the wreath is great. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!! :)

Mollie said...

Susan, your card is fantastic! LOVE that bow - it looks incredible! Love the ornament too! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Caroline said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the pretty bow, ornament and wreath cut. Beautiful paper that you used, also. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Melanie Brown said...

SIMPLY GORGEOUS! This card is so fabulous!

DonnaMundinger said...

EEEK!!! That bow is to DIE for! Gorgeous card! xxD