Monday, November 11, 2013

White on White Christmas Stocking


Hello friends!  Welcome to another BBTB2 Monday!  My amazing Design Team sister, Julie, challenge the Bitten by the Bug 2 Design Team to create a Christmas White-on-White project.  I love this challenge!  I used white, silver, and white hues on my 3D stocking!


Are you ready for a confession?  This cute little stocking started as an ornament/small gift sleeve.  However, when I realized I had nothing truly Christmasy looking to add to the stocking (and let it peek from the top - like a candy cane), I punted and came up with the silverware holder stocking!  It was pure dumb luck that I transitioned so quickly - my new red table runner was sitting on the kitchen table and that inspired me to pull out Christmas china and shift gears to a place setting.


I used three cartridges to create the stocking, Art Philosophy, Artiste and Craft Room Basics.  I cut the stocking from the Art Philosophy cartridge at 5.5 inches tall.  I cut a front and back layer, flipping the back layer to the reverse direction.  I used silver card stock to cut the toe and heel sections.  I welded tabs to the front of the stocking using Craft Room Basics cartridge.  The tabs were folded to the inside and glued to the back layer of the stocking

The rosette pieces, two of them, were cut at 1.2 inches using Artiste cartridge. The two pieces were glued together, folded on the score lines, and assembled with snowflake cuts from Art Philosophy glued to the front and back to help the rosette hold its shape.  I topped the rosette with a floss bowed button.

I cut extra snowflakes and used them to embellish the white on cream print stocking.  I layered the snowflakes to add dimension to the stocking.


I will still make more of these cute little stockings to use on my tree, but now I think I will make more stockings to use on the Christmas dinner table too.

I hope that you decide to join us at Bitten by the Bug 2 for our weekly Cricut Challenge.  I love this week's White on White Christmas challenge.  Please go to the BBTB2 blog and review the challenge rules on our sidebar, then join us for some white Christmas fun!

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Remember that the November Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month - Illuminate, is available for this month only!   You can order the stamp set for $17.95, or with a $50.00 CTMH order you will be prompted to add the Stamp of the Month during check out for only $5.00.




NOVEMBER CAMPAIGN:  NEW CONSULTANT PROMOTION!

This, my friends, is outstanding time to join my team and become a Close to my Heart Consultant!!!

From November 1—December 15, each new Consultant who enrolls with either the "Essentials" or "Master" New Consultant Kit may also receive a fun, brand-new product from the Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book. To be eligible for the free product, the new Consultant must have $300 in sales by March 31, 2014.

What's the new product? It's the gorgeous new Picture My Life™ scrapbooking program. There are 8 fresh and stunning design themes to choose from, each one featuring 122 double-sided, designed cards in a mix of 3" x 4" and 4" x 6", plus a 12"x12" cover page to bring your album together beautifully. You also get 10 Memory Protectors™ with new formats designed just for this program and lots of your photos. It's a retail value of $24.95 but it’s FREE to qualifying new Consultants!

More details and photos will be available soon of the new "Picture My Life" scrapbooking program.


You can start earning the "Picture My Life"  program FREE right now when you sign up. When you, as a new Consultant, order the Essentials Kit and qualify for the offer, you will not only receive more than $180 in products and supplies, plus commission on your sales, (all for only $49) you will also add to that the perks of Straight To The Top, and a new Idea Book that will be coming out in January that will be loaded with great new products to introduce to your customers!  


Learn more here and here!


13 comments:

Stephanie said...


Great save and a fabulous idea. Love the snowflakes.

Jaren said...

This is such a fabulous idea!!!! Don't you love it when that happens!

katieo said...

Love this idea and all the shades of white you used

Brenda said...

What a fabulous idea Susan! I love this little stocking to hold the silverware and your table setting looks amazing! I also love the story of how this came to be. Hugs!

Caroline said...

This is such a beautiful stocking and such a festive way to decorate your table. Gorgeous. I love all the snowflakes and the rosette.

Pam MacKay said...

Oh my goodness how darling and clever! Love your little silverware holder! So cute!

Sharon said...

What an awesome idea Susan!! Love the stocking with the snowflakes and that great rosette. So beautiful!! :)

Mollie said...

LOVE these utensil holders!!! What a fabulous idea! Turned out so so cute! Awesome project, Susan!

Laura Pizz said...

Wow, this such an out-of-the-box idea, love it! Gorgeous work! ~Laura

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Such a perfect and beautiful idea !!

Mayra
MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

What a super idea! Love that cartridge- you do a great job showcasing it.

Jayne said...

What an inspired idea Susan! The stocking looks beautiful with it's lovely rosette. Fab table!
Hugs
Jayne x

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Susan you always come up with such fabulous ideas! I love your stocking to hold your cutlery, wonderful!!
Hugs
Juliexx