Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Snowman Ornaments on my Trees


Hello everyone!  Today I am going to share the cute Christmas ornaments I used for a make & take at a recent Crop for a Cause event I helped to plan.  The event was a fund raiser for my friend Jan's daughter.  We held a 12 hour crop at a local church and raised more money than we expected that we might!   One money maker for the day were these fun Snowmen make & take ornaments.


Thanks to a cut file from a facebook group, and a bit of creative license on my part with the nose, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the vinyl pieces for the snowmen faces.  I purchased mini snow pellets at HL and used those to fill the ornaments.

The clear glass bulbs were far more popular at the crop than the frosted ornaments, but once they were placed on my skinny entryway tree, I think I like the frosted best!

I purchased larger ornaments and re-sized the cut file and plan to craft some of the ornament with my adult children over the Thanksgiving weekend.  They are at the stages where they still need ornaments for their trees and I think they will like the snowmen.


Above is a photo showing the two ornaments on my skinny tree.  Below is a photo with the larger tree in the background.


These ornaments were very, very easy to make.  And best of all, they were not only easy, but cut on the tree!



Thanks for stopping by today.  


5 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh these are to cute Susan!! I love the frosted one the best, but the clear one is just as cute!

Beckie said...

Cuties. I love Christmas...just hate taking down all those decorations. haha.

You should link up in my linky party...it's anything goes.


Be blessed, Beckie
Just B Creative Crazy Blog
Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Blog

Carole Beath said...

Wow, Susan...what wonderful ornaments... I love them.... If I decorated a tree, I would make some of these...I'd lift 'em from your creations. But it's just lil' ole me at Christmas and I hate putting a tree up, let alone take it down...so grinchy-me just yanks out an 18 inch tall pre-decorated tree, I plug in the wee lights and I am good to go.
Carole

Sharon said...

These are fabulous Susan!! I think I like the frosted ones the best, but they are both cute as can be. :)

DonnaMundinger said...

What an adorable idea! these are both just too stinkin' cute! Love this tree too. xxD