Friday, November 22, 2013

Poinsettia Christmas Card


Hello everyone!  Today I am going to share a shutter-fold Christmas card that I mad just for the fun of it.  Lately I have had a lot of crafting projects that were "for" something specific:  Bitten by the Bug 2, Christmas Card Workshops, Stamp Club project, Crop for a Cause make and take, etc.  I decided that I wanted to make something just for the pure fun of it, to remind myself why I like playing with paper so much!


I was NOT overly creative on this card, I think the dashes and the Merry Christmas (CTMH) stamp were my only additions to this project.  Otherwise I used a Christmas card set from the Merry and Bright set at SVGCuts.com.  Mary designs the nicest projects!  This card set comes with nine complete cards - all of the detail cuts included, for $6.99!  It is tough to beat that price.  I confess that I am addicted to the products at SVGCuts.  I would buy stock in their company... If only such a thing existed.


The papers I used for this card were all scraps from my scrap drawers.  Beside my desk I have a stack of 13 x 13 inch clear drawers which holds all of scraps, sorted by color.  I love it when I can complete an entire project with scraps only! I have used scraps with my Cricut for years and the same method of using the grids on the cutting mat as a guide, works with the Silhouette Cameo.


I have to tell you about a fun road trip I made on Wednesday with my friends Kathy and Susan (I guess that would be MFK and MFS).  Our favorite scrapbook store EV-ER was having a 35% off (almost everything) sale.  The three of us decided we HAD to go see what we might "need" while the prices were so good!  LOL Truly if need were an issue, I would not have to purchase anything for at least two years!  So I confess, we went to see what we might WANT!  We found a good deal to want!!

I came home with beautiful papers, metal dies, glitter/embossing powder cases, etc.  We had lunch and "ice cream" at the lunch shop in the store before completing our shopping and heading home (by ice cream, in my case, I really mean frozen yogurt).  I will add that we should admit that we have a scrap shopping problem since we spent 5 hours in the car round trip just to buy scrapping goods!!!  Don't you love it when your friends have the same weaknesses as you?? :)



I may or may not be back tomorrow with a new project.  I am fighting a bit of a bug today and tomorrow is my 32nd wedding anniversary.  I have NO idea what Doug has planned, but I am sure we will celebrate in some manner.

Thanks for dropping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Sandi said...

gorgeous card, love what you have done with the poinsettia petals, hugs

snappy scrappy said...

Simply beautiful!

Rhonda Emery said...

oh wow outstanding and beautiful card. hugs

Laura Pizz said...

Wow, gorgeous!

Stephanie said...

The card is gorgeous, Susan. And.. a very Happy Anniversary to both of you!

Caroline said...

Wow, gorgeous card! I really love that beautiful poinsettia!

DonnaMundinger said...

Love, love, LOVE this Susan! Breathtakiingly beautiful! And belated Happy Anniversary. xxD