Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Holly Jolly Christmas Card


Hello everyone!  Today I am introducing a series of Christmas cards that will be offered as classes.  Anyone who lives in my area will be welcome to sign up for a card class.  Those who are not local may purchase some of the kits, either from my Close To My Heart on-line store, or from me directly, depending on the card design.


Today's card, Holly Jolly Christmas, was created using Close to my Heart's Workshops on the Go, Frosted Cardmaking Kit.  Everything you need (except ink) to create 15 Christmas cards, three designs, five cards each.  The kit includes the stamps, cards and envelopes, instructions, printed card stock, solid card stock, gems, and twine, all for $24.95.  The instructions show you not only how to cut the papers, but also how to assemble the cards. And once you own the kit, you can use the same stamps and instructions to create additional cards in your own colors.


If you look closely at the photo above you will see red, green and kraft colored card stock.  I did not use the red and green colors on this card.  Instead, I used additional paper and card stock from the Frosted paper set ($9.99) and customized the cards in the kit.



The snowflake stamps come with the kit and I love how pretty they look when stamped on the smooth card stock.  I added sparkle gems to the center of the snowflakes.

I think the blues on my card add a bit of winter chill to the overall look of the card.  I will be offering this basic card in my card class.  But I will also offer this card in a couple of different colors.

If you are not local to Aiken, SC, feel free to order the card kit and personalize it as you prefer.  If you are local, I will be posting card previews this entire week.  The classes will be offered at my home on the folloing dates:


  • Saturday, November 2 from 10:00 am - completed cards
  • Thursday, November 7 from 6:30 pm - completed cards
  • Sunday, November 17 from 2:00 pm - completed cards






Also, if you are semi-local to Aiken, SC, please consider supporting an up-coming benefit crop that I am co-sponsoring.  Crop for a Cause is to assist my friend Jan's daughter, Terri, will be held Saturday, November 9th from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm, at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Aiken.  The cost of the crop is $20.00 and all funds will go directly to the charity.  If you would like to attend the crop or donate to the crop, please email me at spartansus@gforcecable.com .   See below for details for details.


Terri Mazzella, 47 yr old wife and mother of two, is one of the most caring, compassionate people you will ever meet. On July 28, 2013, she nearly lost her life. While traveling out of town to vacation with her mother, she had an aortic blood clot.  The clot moved from her aorta, broke into smaller clots, and occluded most of the mesenteric arteries going to her small bowels and right kidney.  She was airlifted to Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, Georgia, where she had immediate surgery and was placed on life support. She lost a kidney and 19 feet of her small intestine . Her prognosis was questionable for days as she underwent several more surgeries. In additional to being on a ventilator to breathe, many expensive life-sustaining measures were taken.  Terri is currently healing and recovering, but was left with many unmet expenses.  Our hope is that through this crop, which was developed because Terri’s mom is a scrapbooker, paper crafters might help us offset some of Terri’s expenses while doing that which we love to do!

I hope some of you will be able to attend!!!


No comments: