Monday, October 14, 2013

Fight Like a Girl Awareness Challenge


Hello everyone.  Welcome to this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 Cricut challenge.  The theme of Bitten by the Bug 2 this week is "Awareness".  Our dear Design Team sister, Brenda, selected this week's challenge theme.  Brenda wanted to dedicate this week to the causes near and dear to our hearts. Whether you choose Breast Cancer Awareness, Diabetes, Lupus, Autism, Alzheimer's, etc, this is the week to create a project to promote your personal cause.

I was away for the weekend, attending a benefit crop supporting St. Jude's and I did not have the materials to complete an Alzheimer's Awareness project.  Alzheimer's is a cause near and dear to my heart as my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's earlier this year.   But lacking the materials to complete an Alzheimer's awareness project did not stop me from participating in this week's challenge - instead I created a Breast Cancer Awareness card.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month so I am going to ask you all to please think about when you had your last mammogram.... and call and make an appointment is it has been more than one year!


I used fun papers in various shades of pink to create this week's card. Sadly my hot pink insists on looking more red than pink in the photos!!   I love the phrase "Fight Like a Girl" and think it is truly a great motto for the Breast Cancer Awareness campaign.


I added a hot pink (not red!) ribbon to the front of the card and cut the word HOPE from the ribbon.  I added clear gems to accent the ribbon.



I finished the card by adding a soft pink seam binding bow to the bottom front of the card.

I sincerely hope that you decide to join us and participate in this week's Cricut Challenge.  Please read the sidebar on the BBTB2 blog, then link your Awareness project under the BBTB2 Awareness Challenge post.




Close To My Heart News

Beginning tomorrow you will be able to view our new 2013 Holidays From The Heart holiday mini idea book and catalog.  Also beginning tomorrow I will begin sharing a few projects made using the new Holiday Guide products.  I know you are going to love the new products.


While you are shopping, do not forget about the Stamp of the Month set, Scandinavian Wishes!




Shop with me at my on-line store HERE

10 comments:

melanie said...

GORGEOUS! I forgot about that word art!

Jaren said...

I love the shadowing on that title!! Beautiful card!

scootingranny said...

This is a great card. Would definitely encourage someone. BTW, is the "Fight Like a Girl" from a Cricut cartridge? I just love the way that turned out.

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

Susan, what a beautiful project ! I am always inspired by what you make !

hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Scrapping Girl said...

I love this title "Fight Like a Girl! I think both breast cancer and Alzheimers are things we all need more awareness about, as they have affected so many lives around us all. Your card looks marvelous!
Michelle

Sharon said...

Beautiful card!! I love the title, ribbon, papers and that fabulous ribbon/bow. :)
My granddad had Alzheimer's. It is so hard on the family. Especially those taking care of them.

Mollie said...

Love your card Susan! I LOVE the colors and the paper you used! And I LOVE that phrase!!!

Laura Pizz said...

Great work on this card - the colors are great together too! ~Laura

Pam MacKay said...

Susan I can so understand you wanting to do a project for Alzheimer's Awareness. I wanted to do one also but did not have the materials either. My dad has been living with it for over 5 years and it is totally devastating. My prayers are with your mom. Your card is a wonderful design of color and pattern. Love the ribbon with hope written across it.

Caroline said...

I love the beautiful colors and papers of your card. This word art is perfect. I love this saying associated with breast cancer awareness.