Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall Leaves Floral Arrangement


Hello everyone, welcome to the October's first Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge!  I am hosting this week's challenge, which means I selected the challenge cut.  This week we are using the FALL LEAF from the Cricut's Close To My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge. I love this leaf cut, especially for fall projects, like my Fall Floral Arrangement!



I used only the Art Philosophy cartridge on this project.  I started with a medium-small green pumpkin from the local hobby store.  Using a craft knife, I cut the top off of the pumpkin an set it aside to use later.  After selecting card stock colors and prints, I used Cricut Craft Room to create my cut file.


Using Colonial White card stock, I cut six fall leaves at 2 inches each.  I cut four roses in two different sizes, three daisies yellow and brown, and two striped petal flower mums.  After inking the flower edges, using a twilling tool, I rolled up and glued my flowers together before setting them aside to dry.



I used CTMH's Harvest Happiness stamp set to stamp color onto my leaves - two leaves in AutumnTerracotta ink, two in Cranberry ink, and two in Topiary Green ink.



After add in strip of burlap ribbon and curled twine, I used glue and straight pins to assemble the floral arrangement.  I added the top of the pumpkin, standing on at an angle, to the back of the arrangement.  I finished the arrangement by adding two strips of Bronze Shimmer Trim.  I then moved the pumpkin floral arrangement around until I found a spot where I thought it looked perfect!


We would love for you to join us this week at Bitten By The Bug 2.  Use the fall leaf from the Art Philosophy cartridge to create your project, check the Challenge Rules on the sidebar at the BBTB2 blog, then link your project under the Fall Leaves Challenge.

Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month

I love this pretty Christmas stamp set and I know you will too.  It is perfect not only for card making and scrapbook pages, but also for creating gift tags and wrap embellishments!  Like always, the Stamp of the Month is available for purchase at $17.95, or with a $50 purchase you can add the Stamp of the Month to your shopping card during check out! 





16 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow Susan, I am loving the way your pumpkin turned out!!! The leaves and flowers looks so beautiful together. You do have the decorator's touch my friend. I will have to look for some cute little pumpkins and give this s try. Hugs!

Caroline said...

WOW! This pumpkin is GORGEOUS!!!! I love all the pretty leaves and flowers. What a beautiful decor project. Love it!!

Rhonda Emery said...

so beautiful. hugs

Pam MacKay said...

Oh my goodness your pumpkin is amazing!! This should be published!!! Outstanding job love all the attention to detail and bright fall colors!!

Mollie said...

Susan, your decor is AMAZING! I LOVE the cornucopia filled with the leaves! And your pumpkins are great! I'm now inspired to get going on some projects! I'm so happy to be your DT sister!!!

Emily

Jaren said...

This is gorgeous! Love the stamped leaves!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

This is stunning and absolutely beautiful !!


Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Michelle N. said...

Wow-just downright stunning.

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable!!

moknowsall said...

Oh - have you been busy or what. Gorgeous!!!

Maureen

Scrapping Girl said...

I think I need you to come decorate MY house-you have an amazing eye for color and arrangement! This is absolutely gorgeous!
:)
Michelle

Sharon said...

Ohhhhh my goodness!! This is awesome Susan!! So beautiful!!! I so love it!! Those flowers are amazing and I love the leaves. WOW!!!! :)

Chris said...

Hi Susan, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Laura Pizz said...

What a great project - love it! ~Laura

Jayne said...

Your project is beautiful Susan. I love your combination of flowers and leaves.
Jayne x

~JulieH~ said...

oh my Susan and wow wow wow your decor project is amazing!!
hugs
Juliexx