Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fall Leaves and Pumpkins with Ian


(Click on any photo to enlarge)

Hello everyone.  This is turning into "overlay" week for me.  Today I am going to share another double page layout I created using a partial page chevron overlay.  But first, I would like to wish my wonderful husband a happy birthday!!!  


These two pages are for Ian's scrapbook - I just love these photos of him, even if you are getting tired of them!  I started with the four photographs and added two chevron partial backgrounds.  Using my Silhouette Cameo, I cut eight double-layer leaves and two pumpkins and two pumpkin corners.



I used the same wonderful fall hues on this layout that I have used previously.  I went a bit darker with the chevron background.   I used Close To My Heart card stock as it cuts beautifully on the Silhouette Cameo.


The pumpkin corner cuts were completed in five layers using three colors of card stock.  The background is Chocolate Brown, the vine and leaves are Colonial White, and the double-layer pumpkins were cut using Autumn Terracotta card stock.  I sponged green ink onto the leaves to add color and texture.


I love these double-layer pumpkins.  The center piece adds such depth to the overall effect.  I finished the pumpkins and leaves with white pen doodles.

For a layout without a lot of fuss, I truly love these pages.  The shout FALL without over powering the photographs.




Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month

 I love this pretty Christmas stamp set and I know you will too.  It is perfect not only for card making and scrapbook pages, but also for creating gift tags and wrap embellishments!  Like always, the Stamp of the Month is available for purchase at $17.95, or with a $50 purchase you can add the Stamp of the Month to your shopping card during check out! 






1 comment:

Stephanie said...

These pages this week are all wonderful. Happy birthday to your sweet hubby.