Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Christmas Village Snowy Christmas Card


Hello everyone!  Today I am going to share a Christmas Card I created using a Close To My Heart stamp set and decorative accents.  I love the stamp set used on this card, Christmas Village.  This is a new winter stamp set, available in the Fall/Winter 2013 catalog.   Although I am sharing a card today, I cannot help but think how cute this village would look on a scrapbook page!


I used CTMH Crystal Blue card stock to create my base card, letters, and banner outline.  Everything else was made using CTMH white card stock.

I stamped three building and using markers, I colored the buildings and a cheery snowman.  Using pop dots, I popped the stamped images up off of the snow overlay background.


I added the "Peace on Earth" sentiment to the front on a white and crystal blue banner.  I also cut additional snowflakes to raise some of the flakes off of the overlay.


Inside the card I added a white sentiment rectangle with two larger snowflakes flanking the top and bottom edges.  All I need to do now is stamp my sentiment and add a personal message.



Today is October first and that means it is time to introduce you to a new Stamp of the Month set, Scandinavian Wishes!  I love this pretty Christmas stamp set and I know you will too.  It is perfect not only for card making and scrapbook pages, but also for creating gift tags and wrap embellishments!  Like always, the Stamp of the Month is available for purchase at $17.95, or with a $50 purchase you can add the Stamp of the Month to your shopping card during check out! 




Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another new project to share!

2 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

Caroline said...

I just love you Christmas village card! This overlay is so pretty and love the pretty snowflakes. Of course your little village is amazing!