Monday, October 21, 2013

Autumn Pumpkin Layout


Hello everyone.  I cannot believe that it is the third week of October already - only nine weeks until Christmas!  And here in South Carolina I am hoping to be able to finally turn off the air conditioning this week!  How crazy is that?

It is Monday and that means it is time for the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge.  My delightful and talented Design Team sister, Caroline, selected this week's challenge.  Caroline challenged the Design Team to use a Cricut cut pumpkin on a project this week.  I decided to milk my September photos one more time and I created a fall themed layout.


I have mentioned previously that I scrap the same photos in different combinations for different scrapbooks.  You have seen these photos scrapped for Bethany's scrapbook, for Ian's scrapbook, and now for the family book.  

I used four cartridges to create this two page 12x12 inch layout:  Artbooking, Create A Critter, Just Because Cards, and Thanksgiving.  I used the Close to my Heart Huntington Paper pack and Autumn Terracotta card stock.  


The pumpkins on my layout were cut in two different sizes using Artbooking.  The pumpkins are cut in two layers.  I used PK Glitz fine glitter to complete the pumpkins - gold on the pumpkin body, and green on the leaves.


The cute squirrel was cut using Create A Critter.  He too was cut with CTMH card stock.  The squirrel is sitting in an acorn and leaf flourish, cut using the Thanksgiving cartridge.  I finished the leaves and acorns with gold and bronze glitter.  


The corn stalks were cut with Just Because Cards.  I added a touch of gold to the corn at the top of the stalks.  The together banner, the words Autumn and Harvests, as well as the photo frames were cut with Artbooking.  I finished the layout with doodles in both white and brown ink, wooden buttons, and two printed canvas embellishments.  


Though this layout is not very complicated, I do not usually use this sectional type of page layout and I will admit that assembly took a bit longer than I had planned.  And yet, I will also admit that I had fun making all of the little embellishments and page elements!

I would like to invite you to join us in this fun pumpkin challenge this week.  Craft any project that includes Cricut cut pumpkins, check the sidebar rules at the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog, and link your project under this week's challenge on the BBTB2 blog.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  I have just a couple of CTMH reminders for you:

If you still have not purchased the Artbooking cartridge, please consider shopping with me at my Close To My Heart on-line store.  

Remember to look at the Christmas from the Heart gift guide and the stamp of the month!!  The items in the Gift Guide are available on a while supplies last basis.  The stamp of the month, Scandinavian Wishes, which coordinates with your Art Philosophy cartridge, is available only through October 31!



I will be back tomorrow with another Christmas card to share!!


12 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

beautiful layout. hugs

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous LO!!

Mollie said...

FABULOUS layout Susan!!! I LOVE all the details you put into it - how fun!!!

Pam MacKay said...

Wow your layout is fantastic what wonderful attention to detail! It is just lovely!!

Jaren said...

This is a GORGEOUS layout! I love how you incorporated the stamped leaves!

Caroline said...

This is such a beautiful layout. The paper you chose is so pretty!This layout has so many beautiful cuts. I really love the cute squirrel, the acorns and of course those pumpkins. I just love these pictures of your kids!

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

What a beautiful layout , all of the details , the pumpkins , the colors , perfect !!

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Love how your used your photos on this fabulous layout Susan. The cuts are fantastic. Love the squirrel! And the ears of corn are great. As are the pumpkins and cornstalks. It's amazing how the same photos look somewhat different on different themed pages! :)

Laura Pizz said...

Gorgeous -- so many elements that I love...the photo mats, the pumpkins, the Indian corn, wow, it all came together perfectly!

Jayne said...

Hello my lovely friend! Love your LO, especially your squirrel.
I would love to be able to come and papercraft with you! There are going to be some very lucky people.
Jayne x

Jayne said...

Hello my lovely friend! Love your LO, especially your squirrel.
I would love to be able to come and papercraft with you! There are going to be some very lucky people.
Jayne x

Creative M said...

Beautiful LO!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥