Friday, September 6, 2013

We Were Born 2 Shop, Girlfriend!


Hello everyone.  Today I have a fun card that I made with my Silhouette Cameo to share with you.  I took what was supposed to be a scrapbook page embellishment and made it into a birthday card.  I love these two fun girls out for a good time in their polka dot convertible.  I think I want that car!!!


In order to convert the two dimensional cut into a three dimensional card, I replicated the base layer with "mirror above" and welded the two base layers together.  After that it was just a matter of selecting colors for various parts of the card.  I knew I wanted pink and black, but I had to select hair colors, skin colors, etc.



I decided to make the girls a blonde and a "ginger".  I gave them pink tops and pink sunglasses, alternating between bright pink and baby pink.  I even added a bit of pink chevron into the mix.

I love the little Born 2 Shop license plate, though I did not realize that the P had shifted until I was creating this blog post.  Ooops.

Bethany dropped by I asked if she needed a birthday card and as it turns out, she did.  She was very happy with these cut girls and their polka dot-mobile!



If you search the Silhouette store for Born 2 Shop Car you will be able to find this image!


September is National Stamping Month and at Close To My Heart this month EVERYONE IS A WINNER!!  To celebrate National Stamping Month CTMH has an amazing customer special:  This month only - you can get 3 full sets of stamps for only $10 with a $50 order!  


And that's not all!  With that same $50.00 order, you can add the wonderful stamp of the month - Poster Tidings - to your order for only $5.00!!
  


Remember, when you order Artbooking this month you can get Everything listed above for only $114 (plus tax and shipping), a $190 value!!  THAT is a fabulous deal.  The cartridge and overlay, three jumbo sets of chipboard, and 7 stamp sets for only $114!!


You can order your items through my on-line store HERE!



3 comments:

lovemypaper said...

Very cute card!

Rhonda Emery said...

super cute

Caroline said...

Oh Susan, I love this card. Too, too cute!!! This reminds me of my friend and myself when we are craft shopping!! I love the polka dot car and the p being off just gives it more character!